Gluten Free Living – 2014
I love this delicious Grilled Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing recipe. Anytime I can get a tossed green salad with lots of fruit, cheese, nuts and/or seeds I’m really happy. I didn’t include nuts or seeds in this salad. Instead, I included chicken which made my husband really happy. He likes a lot of protein with this salads and can’t eat them as a main dish meal unless they include meat. It was a win-win for us.
This salad is very healthy, but I also include a really healthy homemade honey mustard salad dressing we love. Years ago, within the first couple of years we were married we went for a mini-vacation to Sanibel Island, Florida–a wonderful, vacation place. We ate at a restaurant called McT’s and they served a delicious salad with a house honey mustard dressing. I asked for and got the recipe, such as it was! I’ve made the dressing several times over the years and have always enjoyed it. I share it with you now.
If you’re looking for a fabulous main dish salad recipe, then give Grilled Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing a try. This salad has it all–nice crunchiness and texture, fruit and veggies, and lots of protein with spinach, cheese, hard-boiled eggs, and chicken. You will be licking your lips throughout this meal enjoying every mouthful!
Here’s a look at Grilled Chicken Salad without any of the dressing on top.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing is a sensational salad your whole family will love.
This picture has some of the Honey Mustard Dressing drizzled over top. You can make the honey mustard dressing with either Dijon mustard or any spicy brown mustard.
Here’s what I did.
Place spring mix in a large salad bowl.
Add celery, green onions, diced red bell pepper, blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and Swiss cheese.
Add hard-boiled eggs cut in quarters. Refrigerate salad until ready to serve.
Grind Italian herb seasoning generously over top of both sides of boneless chicken breasts.
Grill over high heat about 10 minutes per side. (Mine took about 15 minutes per side).
Turn chicken pieces over and continue cooking until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.
While chicken is grilling, prepare salad dressing: Mix yogurt, honey, buttermilk and mustard. I actually ended up using Dijon mustard.
Whisk ingredients to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Slice grilled chicken down into thin strips.
Here’s what that looks like. You can cook more chicken if you desire.
Here’s the salad dressing once its made up.
We loved all the fresh berries in this salad–then the celery and diced bell pepper add a nice crunchiness.
Here’s a look at Grilled Chicken Salad before serving it. You can place the chicken on top of the salad, but we found it easier to serve the chicken on top of the salad after we’d served it.
Here’s the recipe.
GRILLED CHICKEN SALAD WITH HEALTHY HONEY MUSTARD DRESSING
(salad–my own concoction; dressing inspired by McT’s Restaurant, Sanibel Island, FL, circa 1970s)
- 5-oz. spring mix
- 5-oz. spinach
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- 6-oz. blueberries
- 8-oz. strawberries, sliced
- 6-oz. blackberries
- 6-oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- Italian Herb Seasoning grinder
- Grind Italian Herb Seasoning overtop of both sides of the chicken and grill over high heat until done—about 10 minutes per side depending on the intensity of the heat. (Mine actually took about 30 minutes).
- Cool about 5 minutes and slice down in thin strips. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, as chicken is grilled layer spring mix, spinach, celery, bell pepper, green onions, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and Swiss cheese in large salad bowl.
- Place hard-boiled eggs around the border.
- Place chicken on top or toss and serve the salad and garnish with chicken slices.
- Pour Honey Mustard Dressing over top, as desired.
- 8-oz. [url href=”http://chobani.com/home/” target=”_blank” title=”chobani”]Chobani[/url] vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2-oz. buttermilk
- 2-oz. Dijon mustard (or any spicy brown mustard will work)
- 4-oz. honey
- Whisk ingredients to combine and serve with salad.
This hearty salad is so substantial and filling since it has so much protein. Grilled Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing is a great salad to make for company.
Every mouthful of this delicious salad is awesome.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Healthy Honey Mustard Dressing is healthy, low calorie and gluten free. Are you ready for a plate of this marvelous salad?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $39.96Was: $45.00