Praline Brookies are brownies that are completely over the top! They are rich, heavenly, decadent, S-E-N-S-A-T-I-O-N-A-L! These brownies start with a brownie layer on the bottom. The brownie layer is topped with a praline layer in the middle and then a marvelous chocolate chip layer on top. I used my Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookies Copycat Recipe for the chocolate chip cookie layer rather than using refrigerated cookie dough. WOW!!! These ooey, gooey Praline Brookies are some of the most spectacular brownies you will ever taste! Chocolate lovers beware! These are addictive.
We went over to a friend’s house on New Year’s Day to watch the Baylor-UCF football game and the hostess served this fabulous dessert. When Jamye made it she said she didn’t cook it long enough so it actually tasted like the chocolate cobbler desserts such as my Hot Fudge Pudding Cake. Listen, I ate THREE pieces of the stuff. I drooled every time I walked by the dessert! Anyway, I cooked each layer about ten minutes longer than recommended just so these brookies would turn out more like a brownie instead of cobbler. Even still, this dessert is chocolaty and gooey inside. I LOVED them!
If you’re looking for a spectacular dessert for Superbowl day or any other tailgating party, I can highly recommend Praline Brookies. If you want a wonderful dessert for birthdays, special occasions, office parties, brunches, or for the holidays, Praline Brookies are a superb option. You won’t be able to stop at one. I’m sure. 🙂 They will become a family favorite very soon.
I couldn’t get enough of Praline Brookies when we had them on New Year’s Day. This gorgeous dessert is half brownie, half cookie–therefore, Brookies!
Praline Brookies are to die for! The brownie layer is on the bottom. The praline layer is in the middle. The chocolate chip cookie layer is on top.
Even though I cooked each layer ten minutes longer than recommended, Praline Brookies are still gooey!
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients you’ll need for the brownie layer.
Mix brownie layer ingredients with an electric mixer.
Spray a 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Add brownie batter. Bake at 350 for about 25-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
You can see the holes in the middle where I inserted the toothpicks to check for doneness.
Prepare the Praline layer while brownie layer is baking. These are the ingredients necessary for the praline layer.
Boil praline ingredients a few minutes and set aside.
Prepare the chocolate chip cookie layer also while the brownie layer is baking: Place softened butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
Add baking soda, baking powder, salt and vanilla.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until combined. (Or use a whisk).
Add UNBLEACHED flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add chocolate chips.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Set cookie dough aside.
Once brownie layer is fully baked, spoon praline layer over top.
Now add chocolate chip cookie dough over top of the praline layer.
Bake chocolate chip layer 23-28 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Don’t Praline Brookies look luscious? Chocolate lovers will adore these amazing brownies. I guarantee you will love each bite!
Here’s a side view. You can see the praline layer in the middle.
I’m ready to eat four or five of these right now!
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe adapted from Jamye Ferguson, Ovilla, TX; source: adapted from Pillsbury)
- [b]BROWNIE LAYER:[/b][br]
- 1 Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2/3 cup canola oil[br]
- [b]PRALINE LAYER[/b]:[br]
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. real vanilla
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans[br]
- [b]CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE LAYER:[/b][br]
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. real vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- 2 ½ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 12-oz. bag Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.[br]
- Mix brownie mix, eggs, water and canola oil.
- Pour into a 9×13” glass baking dish that’s been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake 25-35 minutes at 350° or until set and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.[br]
- Place butter, milk, sugar, vanilla, brown sugar and pecans in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Bring to boiling over medium heat.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside until brownie layer is baked.[br]
- Mix butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- When brownies are done baking, stir praline mixture with a spoon and immediately pour over brownie layer.
- Crumble chocolate chip cookie dough over top of praline layer.
- Bake at 350° for an additional 23-28 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Cool completely.
Praline Brookies are amazing. These are great for tailgating parties or Superbowl parties!
Each mouthful of Praline Brookies just slides down your throat with the most heavenly flavors imaginable. These brownies will certainly satisfy every sweet tooth craving you have.
Chocolate lovers, beware! Praline Brookies are addictive. You will want another and another and another! 🙂 I’m ready to make another batch of these goodies. How about you?
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!