Southern Pecan Praline Cake is one awesome cake. A Butter Pecan Cake Mix is mixed with a tub of Coconut Pecan Frosting and more pecans. Then a spectacular Butter Pecan Glaze is drizzled over the top. This cake can certainly be served for dessert but it has the consistency of a coffeecake which makes it one awesome breakfast idea–especially for holiday breakfasts.
When I first saw this recipe on Pinterest a while back, I knew I would have to make it. It sounded so wonderful and I drooled over the pictures. But then, I almost always drool over the pictures from The Country Cook’s blog. Everything always looks amazing. And this recipe was no exception. I thought it would make the perfect breakfast coffeecake for some friends who recently moved into a new home. I wasn’t wrong. Our friend’s loved it!
Southern Pecan Praline Cake has quite a bit of crunch from the pecans with a nice praline taste from the cake and the glaze. Adding a tub of Coconut Pecan Frosting to the cake mix adds sweetness, flavor and texture to the Butter Pecan Cake Mix. If you’re looking for a sensational cake for breakfast or dinner you will salivate over every single bite of Southern Pecan Praline Cake! This is a great cake for company, holiday parties and breakfasts, or potluck dinners.
Southern Pecan Praline Cake can be served for breakfast or dessert.
I loved how the Butter Pecan Glaze drizzled down the sides of the cake.
You can drizzle the Butter Pecan Glaze over individual pieces of cake, or just spread the glaze on top of the cake. Either way this cake is perfect.
Here’s what I did.
The ingredients on the left are what I used for the cake. The three ingredients on the right are what I used to make the Butter Pecan Glaze.
In a large mixing bowl, add Butter Pecan Cake mix, a tub of Coconut Pecan Frosting, eggs, and oil.
Now add half-and half instead of water for a richer cake flavor.
Stir ingredients to combine. Now add chopped pecans and stir again to combine.
Spread cake batter into a greased 9×13″ glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine took 50 minutes).
Melt butter in saucepan. Add condensed milk and stir to combine.
Add chopped pecans and heat thoroughly.
Here’s the Butter Pecan Glaze for the cake.
I allowed the cake to cool before adding glaze.
If you love pecans this is the cake for you!
There is plenty of glaze for this cake. You can dollop the glaze over top of each slice!
Here’s the recipe.
SOUTHERN PECAN PRALINE CAKE
(Recipe adapted from The Country Cook)
- 1 15-oz. box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 16-oz. can Betty Crocker Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola or coconut oil
- 1 cup half-and-half (instead of water) for increased flavor
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease or spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the cake ingredients except for the chopped pecans.
- Mix well.
- Add chopped pecans and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add condensed milk and stir.
- Heat thoroughly, then add chopped pecans.
- Stir again to combine and remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce over individual slices of cake or spread over entire cake.
Are you drooling yet?
I poured about half of the sauce on the cake and reserved the rest to drizzle more over individual servings.
Southern Pecan Praline Cake is a great coffeecake for holiday breakfasts.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $49.95Was: $70.00