Peach Pie Bars are awesome. Oh my heavens, this is another fabulous cookie recipe with peaches. I absolutely drooled over these wonderful bars. They have a nice shortbread-type crust with a luscious peach pie filling and a streusel topping. While this dessert has some similarities to my Peach Crumb Bars in the layering effect, they are really completely different in texture and taste. But they are certainly both belong to the “scrumptious” category!
Last month we had peaches galore coming off our peach trees. While I could have spent my time just freezing them for later, I decided to go ahead and make peach desserts–40 of them! Peach Pie Bars was one of the recipes I found on Pinterest and I just loved it. The only time consuming part of this recipe was peeling and dicing up the peaches, but once I finished that part the rest was a dream.
All I can say is, if you love peaches, you need to try this sensational cookie recipe. You will adore them and your family will go crazy over them! Every bite is so mouthwatering–quite frankly, you’ll probably start salivating as you smell the dish baking in the oven! I had to quickly pack these jewels away in cookie containers and toss them in our freezer or I would have gorged very gluttonously on them! 🙁
If you’re in the mood for a peach dessert now that peaches are in season and fairly inexpensive at the grocery store, I highly recommend you give Peach Pie Bars a try. They are amazing. They’re a great dessert for Labor Day picnics, backyard barbecues, or just because you have a sweet tooth. But don’t just take my word for it. Try them yourself and you’ll see what I mean.
Peach Pie Bars are heavenly!
Every mouthful will keep you wanting more!
These luscious bars are filled with peach pie filling. Yum.
Here’s what I did.
I used these four ingredients for the crust and topping.
Measure sugar, salt and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods).
Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Measure out 1 1/2 cups of the streusel for the topping. Set it aside.
Grease a 9×13″ baking dish. Press remaining crumbs into the baking dish. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare peach pie filling: I used these ingredients for the filling.
Measure sugar, salt, eggs, sour cream, cinnamon, vanilla and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour into a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until well combined.
Fold in peaches.
Remove dish from oven. Pour peach pie filling over top of hot crust.
Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups streusel over top of the peach pie filling.
Bake an additional 55-65 minutes or until filling is set in the middle.
This dessert turned out so delicious. It’s awesome!
Peach Pie Bars are to die for!
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH PIE BARS
- 3 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, chilled[br]
- [b]PEACH PIE FILLING:[/b][br]
- 3 cups peeled, finely diced peaches
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- Stir sugar, salt and flour together in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Measure out 1 ½ cups of ingredients for topping and set aside.
- Press remaining ingredients into the bottom of a greased 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.[br]
- Whisk eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in sugar, sour cream, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and flour to combine.
- Gently fold in peaches until combined.
- Pour peach mixture over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 ½ cups crumb mixture.
- Bake an additional 55-65 minutes or until set.
- Cool at least one hour before cutting into bars.
Everything about Peach Pie Bars was wonderful–the texture, the taste, and the aftertaste.
Don’t Peach Pie Bars look marvelous? I’m seriously drooling…..
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
[amazon_link asins=’B01GDAWIDC,B009VUHLHA,B01L274FL4′ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’cantstayoutof-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’29381bb6-2771-11e7-97cf-6b6456058e8a’]