These lovely bars are as scrumptious as can be. Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle have four layers with a shortbread crust, followed by a peaches and sour cream filling, a streusel topping, and then an almond-flavored powdered sugar icing. To say they were F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C is an understatement. They were utterly phenomenal. I LOVED this marvelous dessert.
Last month I tried a luscious recipe called Pineapple Bars with Coconut Drizzle. When we had peaches coming out our ears from the six peach trees in our backyard I was hunting down recipes from everywhere to use them up. Then I thought about this recipe and thought it would be just as great with peaches as it was with pineapple. Instead of using coconut flavoring in the icing I decided to substitute almond extract and almond flavor with the peaches was amazing.
I really love peaches–but give me a peach dessert and I’m in seventh heaven! I have to admit I’ve enjoyed baking up peach cobblers, peach cakes, peach cookies, peach pies, and other amazing desserts trying to use up all those peaches. And, these lovely Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle are going to make your mouth water.
I don’t think I have the vocabulary to adequately express just how amazing these cookies really are. But if you enjoy peaches and almond flavoring you’re going to fall in love with this spectacular dessert. Once your family sinks their teeth into these jewels, there will be no one who will refuse a second piece! Or a third…..:)
Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle have a spectacular combination of flavors.
Each bite of these dessert bars will have you craving another bite.
Don’t Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle look fabulous?
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the shortbread crust layer.
Place sugar, salt and UNBLEACHED flour in a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Stir to combine. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Reserve one cup of crumbs for topping. Place the remaining crumbs in a greased 9×13″ baking dish.
Press crumbs into baking dish and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
As crust is baking, prepare filling. Peel and dice peaches. You will need sour cream, eggs, sugar, UNBLEACHED flour, salt and the peaches.
Place UNBLEACHED flour, sugar, salt, eggs and sour cream in a mixing bowl.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir in peaches and combine.
Once shortbread crust bakes 15 minutes remove from oven.
Pour peach mixture over hot crust.
Crumble remaining one cup of crumbs over top of peaches. Bake at 350 an additional 50-60 minutes or until bars are set.
While bars are baking, prepare almond drizzle. I used these ingredients to make the drizzle.
Whisk to combine. Allow bars to cool completely before adding drizzle.
Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle are filled with lots of juicy peaches.
The Almond Drizzle makes these dessert bars something special.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH BARS WITH ALMOND DRIZZLE
(Recipe inspired by my Pineapple Bars with Coconut Drizzle)
- 1 ½ cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 ½ sticks cold butter
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- ½ cup sugar[br]
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 cups finely diced peaches[br]
- [b]ALMOND DRIZZLE:[/b][br]
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Stir flour, salt and sugar together.
- Add butter and cut in with a pastry blender until well blended.
- Reserve 1 cup crumbs.
- Pour remaining crumbs into a greased 9×13” baking dish and press down firmly.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Top with filling and bake an additional 50-60 minutes or until filling ingredients are set.
- Cool 15 minutes before adding almond drizzle. [br]
- Whisk eggs, flour, sugar, sour cream and salt together.
- Gently fold in peaches.
- Pour peach mixture over top of baked crust layer.
- Sprinkle filling layer with remaining cup of crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until set.
- Cool 15 minutes before adding almond drizzle.[br]
- Combine ingredients with whisk.
- After bars have cooled 15 minutes, drizzle icing over top of Peach Bars with a fork.
You will be salivating after just one bite.
Make a batch of Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle now while peaches are in season. You won’t be disappointed.
It’s time for a bite.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon