Peach Streusel Muffins are magnificent! Oh my, these scrumptious muffins are bursting with flavor and they are a culinary experience to die for! Seriously. The muffins are made with Greek yogurt, peaches, cinnamon and allspice for a nice zesty taste. They’re topped with a lovely brown sugar streusel. After they’re baked, the muffins are glazed with a delightful vanilla icing. Oh, my goodness, I wanted to eat the whole batch!
Last month our six peach trees were ready to harvest and I had peaches, peaches, and more peaches to get rid of. I’ve been making all kinds of desserts to give away to friends, coworkers, and folks in our Sunday school class at church. I’ve stashed bunches of stuff in our freezer to give away for gifts.
I ended up making 40 different desserts with our peaches including my Mom’s Peach Pie which I hadn’t made in years. I also made my favorite Double Crust Peach Cobbler, and some very drool-worthy dessert bars like Peach Bars with Almond Drizzle, and yesterday’s post, Peach Crumb Bars. Throw in several other cobbler, pie, cookie and cake recipes and you know I’ve been a busy little beaver!
I found this amazing recipe at Sally’s Baking Addiction. Of course. I find all of my best dessert recipes on Sally’s blog. No kidding. I love her stuff. It’ a great place to find mouthwatering desserts. If you are new to the food blogging world and haven’t discovered Sally’s Baking Addiction, I highly recommend you subscribe. Sally’s stuff just can’t be beat–by anyone! If you enjoy baking and are looking for new recipes to try, you can stay on her blog for hours pinning recipes! Seriously, her food blog is amazing and certainly one of my favorites.
Anyway, I’ve been hunting down recipes from everywhere trying to find delicious ways to use up all of our peaches. One look at Sally’s Peach Streusel Muffins and I knew these muffins had to be on my baking list. I am so glad I tried them, they were so incredibly spectacular!
If you are looking for a fantastic breakfast muffin for special occasion breakfasts, baby showers, to take to your office staff, or just because you love muffins for breakfast then, by all means, get yourself out to the grocery store NOW while peaches are still in season and make these amazing goodies. You and your family will LOVE them. In fact, they won’t simply love them, they will RAVE over them! 🙂 But be warned, it’s really hard to stop at just one muffin!
Peach Streusel Muffins are to die for!
These muffins are filled with peaches, cinnamon, allspice and Greek yogurt and have a wonderful brown sugar streusel topping and vanilla glaze.
Don’t these Peach Streusel Muffins look glorious?
Here’s what I did.
For the muffins: Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Cream with an electric mixer until combined.
Add salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice and cream. Mix again with an electric mixer until combined.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods) and finely diced peaches.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon just until combined.
Spray muffin tins generously with cooking spray. Spoon peach muffin mixture into muffin tins up to the top.
To make streusel topping: Place melted butter, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods).
Stir ingredients with a fork to combine.
Divide up streusel among each muffin and place on top of peach muffin batter. Press down slightly with your fingers so streusel adheres to the muffin batter.
Bake for 5 minutes at 425. Adjust heat to 350 and bake 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
While muffins are baking, prepare vanilla glaze. Place vanilla, cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
Whisk to combine.
Drizzle glaze over top of muffins after they’ve cooled about 10-15 minutes (otherwise the icing will dissolve into the muffins and you won’t be able to see it!)
Serve Peach Streusel Muffins for breakfast or as a snack or dessert!
These outrageous muffins are so mouthwatering you will not be able to stop at just one!
Peach Streusel Muffins are perfect for summer holiday breakfasts like Memorial Day, Fathers’ Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day when peaches are in season. They sure make one terrific breakfast.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH STREUSEL MUFFINS
(Recipe adapted very slightly from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- [b]CRUMB TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)[br]
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light or dark sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank” title=”chobani”]Chobani [/url]plain Greek yogurt (peach flavor will also work)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher or sea salt
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 2 cups peeled, finely diced peaches [br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with Baker’s Joy nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, yogurt, and vanilla and mix with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, salt and whipping cream and beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour and peaches with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just moistened.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins all the way up to the top.
- Crumble the crumb topping over each muffin and press the topping down gently into the muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°.
- Adjust heat to 350° and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. [br]
- Whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tins.
- Remove muffins from baking tins and place on wire rack.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Your family and friends will love Peach Streusel Muffins.
But you better grab one while you can get it. They’ll be gone soon.
Oh, joy! Prepare to drool. 🙂