Prepare yourself for one of the most delectable muffins ever! Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins have it all. These muffins don’t have flat tops like some muffins. They puff up very beautifully and have double blackberry flavor with whole blackberries and blackberry yogurt in the batter. Then they have a delicious pecan streusel topping pressed into the muffins before baking. After the muffins are baked, a yummy powdered sugar glaze is added on top for even more spectacular flavor and sweet taste. Incredible is only one way to describe these fantastic muffins.
Last week we had some friends from our Sunday school class at church come down with the flu (even with a flu shot!) 🙁 So I made up a batch of Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Bacon Cheddar Biscuits and Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cake Bars for their dinner.
Then I decided to make these lovely muffins for breakfast for the next day because I knew she still wouldn’t feel up to making anything. They loved them but decided to freeze about half of these muffins and the dessert bars so their parents could sample them next week when they come in for the holidays.
If you’re looking for a spectacular breakfast muffin to make for the holidays, special occasion breakfasts, or just because you love muffins for breakfast any time and any place, then put Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins on your list! While these delightful muffins have a few more steps than some recipes, they are so worth it. Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are so mouthwatering you will want to make them for you, your family and your friends, and very often! I know I do. 🙂
Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are to die for!
The lovely essence of blackberries, pecans, brown sugar and vanilla-powdered sugar icing permeates these muffins for one delectable treat!
These muffins raise beautifully unlike some muffins which have flat tops. The balance of ingredients is perfect. It helps that they taste wonderfully too!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients to make the streusel topping.
Melt butter. Add brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour and pecans.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine. Set aside.
I used these ingredients to make the muffin batter.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, Blackberry Greek yogurt, brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Add heavy whipping cream.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth. Mixture will be very thin.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add blackberries.
Fold the ingredients gently together with a wooden spoon just until moistened.
Spray muffin tins with Baker’s Joy cooking spray. Fill muffin tins almost full.
Top with streusel topping and press ingredients into the muffin batter slightly so the ingredients adhere together.
Bake 5 minutes at 425. Adjust heat to 350 and bake 15-19 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
While muffins are cooling make icing: Place powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract. (Milk is not recommended as it won’t give the correct consistency).
Whisk ingredients until smooth and no lumps remain from the powdered sugar.
Scoop icing into a zip lock bag. Seal bag and cut a small tip off one end. Drizzle icing over top of muffins.
Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins are terrific for a holiday or special occasion breakfast. But if you enjoy muffins you may want to make these more frequently!
Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins rate 5 stars!
Here’s the recipe.
BLACKBERRY PECAN STREUSEL MUFFINS
(Recipe inspired by my Peach Streusel Muffins recipe)
- [b]STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land o’ lakes unsalted butter”]Land O’ Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher pecans”]Fisher[/url] chopped pecans[br]
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land o’ lakes unsalted butter”]Land O’ Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5.3-oz. container [url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank” title=”chobani”]Chobani [/url]Blackberry Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”mccormick pure vanilla extract”]McCormick[/url] real vanilla extract
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- 12-oz. fresh blackberries[br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”mccormick’s pure vanilla extract”]McCormick[/url] pure vanilla extract
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- The mixture will be crumbly.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray muffin pans with [url href=”http://www.bakersjoy.com/” target=”_blank” title=”baker’s joy cooking spray”]Baker’s Joy[/url] nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.[br]
- In a medium bowl combine butter, sugars, eggs, yogurt, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, salt and whipping cream and mix with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Mixture will be thin.
- Stir in flour and blackberries gently with a wooden spoon until ingredients are just moistened.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spoon the muffin batter into prepared muffin tins all the way up to the top.
- Crumble the crumb topping over each muffin and press the topping down gently into the muffins.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425°.
- Adjust heat to 350° and bake for 15-19 more minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool about 10 minutes.
- Add glaze. [br]
- Whisk all of the ingredients together.
- Allow muffins to cool about 10 minutes in muffin tins.
- Remove muffins from baking tins and place on wire rack.
- Place glaze mixture in a zip lock bag and cut off corner.
- Drizzle glaze over muffins.
Blackberry Pecan Streusel Muffins will go nicely with a hot cup of tea.
If you enjoy blackberries, you’ll love these amazing treats.
We loved these decadent muffins and hope you do too!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!