Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes
Gluten Free Living – 2014
Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes are mouthwatering. I had a craving for pancakes last week and thought that a Banana Bread version might be quite tasty. I was right. These lovely pancakes filled with walnuts, bananas, and cinnamon–the flavors that you love in Banana Bread–turned out heavenly. They were moist, fluffy and delicious. I used a gluten free pancake mix and then served the pancakes with maple syrup, extra bananas and extra walnuts. I could have eaten these dreamy pancakes all day long. Seriously.
I’m always looking for ways to eat a little healthier–not as many processed foods, less or no sugar, better quality grains and oils–and the like. Every now and then I get a sweet tooth attack so I look for ways to satisfy that craving without the excess sugar. Sometimes I make delicious salads with lots of fruit or honey in the dressing instead of sugar. Sometimes I make pancakes and sweeten them with real maple syrup not corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup. Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes sure tasted divine. I loved them, and yes, my sweet tooth was completely satisfied after a batch of these yummy pancakes.
If you’re looking for a healthier option for a Christmas or New Year’s breakfast then I recommend giving Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes a try. All the deliciousness you’re used to experiencing in a lovely loaf of homemade Banana Bread are incorporated, providing a spectacular culinary delight you and your family are sure to love. You won’t feel so guilty about it either. 🙂
Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes are reminiscent of eating a slice of homemade Banana Bread but in pancake form!
Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes are a healthier breakfast option during the holidays when everyone eats so much junk!
Serve Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes with maple syrup, banana slices and walnut halves. I loved having the extra bananas and walnuts for extra crunch and taste.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Mash bananas on a plate with a fork. Set aside.
Place gluten free flour or baking and pancake mix in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add eggs, cinnamon, walnuts, bananas and vanilla.
Whisk ingredients until smooth.
Melt coconut oil or butter in a skillet. Pour batter into skillet. Fry until the bottom is crispy and bubbles have formed across the entire pancake on the top–about 5 minutes. (I found that the coconut oil seemed to burn the pancakes more quickly than using butter. So if you use coconut oil, keep the temperature lower).
Flip pancakes over and cook the other side–about 1-2 minutes.
Stack pancakes on a serving plate. Drizzle with maple syrup. Garnish with fresh banana slices and walnut halves.
Here’s a look at the pancakes before I had drizzled them with maple syrup. While maple syrup is a lot more expensive than corn syrup the flavor is superb.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE BANANA BREAD PANCAKES
(My own concoction)
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank” title=”pamela’s baking and pancake mix”]Pamela’s[/url] gluten free baking and pancake mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher walnuts”]Fisher [/url]walnut halves, plus more for garnish, if desired
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed, plus another one for garnish, if desired
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- coconut oil for frying the pancakes
- maple syrup for garnish
- Mash bananas on a plate with a fork.
- Set aside.
- Mix baking mix, milk, cinnamon, walnut halves, eggs, vanilla and mashed bananas.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Heat griddle.
- Melt coconut oil.
- Pour out pancake batter to make 5 or 6-inch pancakes.
- Cook on one side until bubbles form on top of pancake and the pancake is almost cooked through.
- Turn pancake over and cook another minute or so until done.
- Serve with freshly sliced bananas, walnut halves and maple syrup.
- Yield: 10 pancakes.
If you enjoy Banana Bread you’ll love these pancakes. They’re a great treat for a holiday or special occasion breakfast.
It’s time for a bite of Gluten Free Banana Bread Pancakes!