Peach Crumb Bars
Oh my goodness, Peach Crumb Bars are heavenly! No kidding. These luscious bars have a tasty crust, with a wonderful peach filling, topped with a streusel topping and cinnamon sugar for added emphasis. I loved these bars and thought they were sensational! These lovely peach brownies rock. They certainly make a delightful dessert for company–especially in the summer when peaches are in season.
Thankfully, I packed these scrumptious bars away in our freezer for give-aways or I would have polished off the whole lot of them! Yes, I have a huge sweet tooth. I could easily have packed away five or ten of these without a blink. They’re THAT good. Yes, indeed, you won’t be disappointed in the least with these spectacular dessert bars.
Many of you know that I’ve been trying to find creative ways to use up bushels and bushels of peaches from the six fruit-bearing peach trees in our back yard. I’ve scoured through my own favorite recipes looking for ingenious ways to either add peaches or replace whatever fruit or chip that was in them to begin with.
I’ve also hunted and hunted on Pinterest and have made all kinds of recipes from my finds there as well. I love it when a recipe turns out the way it’s supposed to. And, just like you, I’m disappointed when one doesn’t deliver even though the pictures look so appetizing. Well, Peach Crumb Bars deliver! And then some.
Peach Crumb Bars have it all. The crust is excellent, the homemade peach filling is even better, and I loved the added touch of streusel and cinnamon-sugar on top. They are ooey and gooey, but that’s what makes them so terrific in the first place. There aren’t too many better ways to use up an abundance of peaches than by this recipe. I guarantee your family and friends will love these wonderful bar-type cookies.
If you’re looking for a great summer dessert for backyard barbecues, entertaining with friends, baby or wedding showers, tailgating parties, or just for your own family dinners, then you need to put Peach Crumb Bars on your menu. You will have everyone talking about this delicious dessert–and fighting for the crumbs! While this tasty cookie has a few more steps than many cookie recipes, the work will be worth it. You will end up with very happy campers in your family. 🙂
Peach Crumb Bars have a heavenly taste. 😉
I loved the cinnamon-sugar streusel topping on these dessert bars.
Every bite is loaded with peaches.
Here’s what I did.
These are the ingredients I used to make the peach filling.
Peel and finely dice peaches. Add lemon juice and sprinkle it over the top of the peaches. Set aside.
Place sugar, cornstarch, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Stir ingredients to combine.
Add flour mixture to peaches.
Stir filling ingredients to combine. Set aside.
I used these ingredients to make the crust layer and the streusel topping.
Place UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Stir ingredients to combine.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Add vanilla and stir together.
Add egg and vanilla mixture to crumb mixture.
Stir ingredients well.
Pat HALF of the crumb mixture into a greased 9×13″ glass baking dish. (Reserve remaining crumbs for topping).
Pour peach filling over top of the crust layer.
Sprinkle remaining crumbs over top of the peach filling. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Stir well. Sprinkle over top of streusel topping until the entire dish is well covered.
Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until top is golden brown and peach syrup begins to bubble up around the edges. Cool before cutting into bars.
Peach Crumb Bars are sensational.
We loved these ooey, gooey dessert bars.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH CRUMB BARS
- [b]PEACH FILLING:[/b][br]
- 5 cups finely diced peeled peaches
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg[br]
- [b]CRUST AND STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 3 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Peel, pit and finely dice fresh peaches.
- Place the diced peaches in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Toss gently to combine.
- In a separate bowl, stir flour, cornstarch, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and combine.
- Pour dry ingredient mixture over the peaches and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Set aside.[br]
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and ¼ tsp. cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until butter is mixed in and coarse crumbs have formed.
- Stir the vanilla and beaten egg together.
- Add into the flour and butter mixture and combine.
- Mixture will be crumbly.
- Pat half of the crust ingredients into the prepared baking dish.
- Spread the peach mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
- Crumble the remaining crust ingredients over the peach layer as a streusel topping.
- Combine ¼ cup granulated sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over top of streusel topping.
- Bake at 375° for 45-60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and peach juice starts to bubble up around the edges.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Your family will love sinking their teeth into these lovely Peach Crumb Bars. We sure did.
Peach Crumb Bars are terrific for summer holidays like Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day when fresh peaches are in season.
Peach Crumb Bars are a sensational dessert you won’t be able to stay out of!