Cracked Peach Cookies are simply delightful! Most of you know that until recently I had six peach trees in my back yard. I was always trying to come up with new ways to use all those peaches and this year was no different. I wasn’t able to use up the whole harvest because we ended up packing and moving during that time, but before that I managed to make about 20 different new desserts with the first third of the harvest. Cracked Peach Cookies was the first one I made this year and they are a take off on my Cracked Sugar Cookies recipe and turned out sooooooo well. 🙂
The basic sugar cookie is made with cream of tartar which gives that melt-in-your-mouth texture. Plus this recipe uses only the egg yolks instead of the whole egg to cut down on the moisture so the cookies don’t run on the cookie sheet. I wondered how these would do with the peaches since they added quite a bit of moisture and texture, but they really turned out even better than I expected.
If you’re looking for a delicious way to use up peaches, then give Cracked Peach Cookies a try. Even with peeling the peaches this recipe will only take a few minutes to prepare. While I used fresh peaches, you might be able to get away with canned or frozen peaches, but I would make sure I patted them down with paper towels really well before adding to the batter or the excess liquid will cause the cookies to run.
I highly recommend Cracked Peach Cookies for all your summer holiday parties and fun. But they are certainly great for tailgating parties as long as peaches are in season. Enjoy.
Cracked Peach Cookies are awesome! 🙂
After one bite, you’ll probably want to eat a stack of these amazing cookies!
Cracked Peach Cookies are great treats for the summer holidays.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter and place in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, egg yolks, cream of tartar, baking soda and vanilla.
Beat ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add diced, peeled peaches.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine. Roll dough into balls and place on greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until done. (This really depends on your oven. Some ovens will have these baked in about 10 minutes!)
Cracked Peach Cookies are wonderful served with a cold glass of milk!
These are so easy to make and a great way to use up fresh, ripe (or overripe) peaches.
Here’s the recipe.
CRACKED PEACH COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Cracked Sugar Cookies)
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank”]Land O’ Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank”]McCormick[/url] pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups diced, peeled peaches
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets.
- Cream together sugar, butter, egg yolks, baking soda, cream of tartar and vanilla.
- Add flour and peaches and stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Form dough into walnut size balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Don’t flatten.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, until set.
Serve a plate of these cookies at your next party and they’ll be gone in no time.
Cracked Peach Cookies will soon disappear in your house.