When you take Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies and add a delicious cheesecake layer inside and miraculously turn them into Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars, you have one spectacular cookie on your hands. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are some of my favorite cookies. They’re certainly one of my husband’s favorites. But after adding the cheesecake to these bars they’re even better. These are drool-worthy for sure!
I started with one of my favorite and versatile Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipes. The cheesecake layer is simple: cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs. After making a crust layer and topping it with the cheesecake filling, I topped the filling with remaining cookie dough and then sprinkled extra walnuts and raisins on top. I actually used both regular and golden raisins because I didn’t have enough regular raisins for the recipe.
If you’re looking for a dynamite dessert bar that’s a superb twist on a classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookie, you’ll love Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars. They’re great for backyard barbecues, potlucks or tailgating parties. But you may find you want to make these delectable treats, just because your sweet tooth is craving one, or two, or…….. 🙂
Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars are a great twist on a classic favorite.
These lovely bars are filled with a cheesecake layer that’s absolutely scrumptious.
Every bite of Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars is to die for!
Here’s the recipe.
I used these ingredients for the cookie dough layer.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, an egg, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add oatmeal, diced walnuts and raisins.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease an 11″x17″ jelly roll pan. Spread about 1/2 to 2/3 of the mixture into the prepared pan.
I used these ingredients for the cheesecake filling.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until no lumps remain.
Spread cheesecake filling over top of cookie dough crust.
Sprinkle remaining cookie dough over top of cheesecake layer. Sprinkle additional raisins and walnuts on top. I used half regular raisins and half golden raisins.
Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars make a delicious dessert for tailgating parties.
Take a batch of these jewels to your next potluck or party and watch them disappear.
Here’s the recipe.
OATMEAL RAISIN CHEESECAKE BARS
(My own concoction)
- [b]COOKIE DOUGH LAYER:[/b]
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup finely diced black walnuts or regular walnuts (black walnuts provide increased flavor!)
- 1 ½ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens cookies)
- 1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 ¼ cups Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. McCormick pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ – 2/3 cup finely diced black walnuts or regular walnuts
- ½ – 2/3 cup raisins[br]
- [b]CHEESECAKE FILLING:[/b][br]
- 2 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Mix sugars, egg, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and baking soda together.
- Stir in flour, raisins, black walnuts and oatmeal with a wooden spoon.
- Don’t use a mixer or cookies will be overmixed and toughen.
- Spread about ½ to 2/3 of the cookie dough onto the bottom of an 11”x17” cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cookie spray.
- Spread cream cheese layer over top.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie dough over top.
- Sprinkle ½ to 2/3 cup each of walnuts and raisins over top of cookie dough.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool. [br]
- Mix cream cheese, eggs, vanilla, and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour over cookie dough crust layer and cover with remaining dough.
We love these goodies and hope you will too.
Are you salivating yet?
Give Oatmeal Raisin Cheesecake Bars a try and your family is sure to love them.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $299.00Was: $429.99
Price: $17.45Was: $20.40
Price: Check on Amazon