Gluten Free Living – 2016
Glazed Orange Marmalade Chicken is a tasty baked chicken dish that only takes about 5 minutes to be oven-ready. This one uses orange marmalade, orange juice, fresh ginger, garlic, honey and soy sauce for a sweet and slightly spicy essence that’s basted over the chicken. The refreshing orange sauce is then drizzled over the baked chicken and topped with green onions for a tasty main dish entree you’re sure to enjoy.
I made the glaze rather thin by adding orange juice. But if you prefer a stickier, thicker sauce, then simply omit the orange juice when mixing the sauce ingredients. It’s also good to keep basting the chicken every ten minutes or so during baking time if you’re able, so the chicken will absorb more delicious orange-y flavor.
I served this tasty recipe with Zoodles Parmesan. Both were such quick, easy and simple recipes. I had both casseroles oven-ready in about 10-15 minutes combined. If you enjoy orange-flavored chicken recipes then this one is a terrific entree to try out. The savory flavors will have you hooked from the first bite. 🙂
Orange Marmalade Chicken is a quick and easy sweet and spicy chicken dish.
Orange Marmalade and fresh ginger provide a sweet and spicy contrast in flavors.
I served Glazed Orange Marmalade Chicken with Zoodles Parmesan. Both were excellent.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Grease a 9×13″ baking dish. Add boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Place sauce ingredients into a mixing bowl.
Stir to combine. If you want a thicker sauce, omit the orange juice.
Pour sauce over chicken.
Bake about 1 hour at 350. After 30 minutes turn chicken over. Baste with Orange Marmalade sauce about every 10 minutes.
Garnish chicken with diced green onions and slice down to serve.
Here’s the recipe.
GLAZED ORANGE MARMALADE CHICKEN
(My own concoction)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 8 bone-in chicken thighs
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.smuckers.com/(S(0abcft45dvhejmmcf21d3245))/products/fruit-spreads/preserves/sweet-orange-marmalade-24″ target=”_blank”]Smuckers[/url] orange marmalade
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp. [url href=”http://san-j.com/products/tamari-gluten-free-reduced-sodium-soy-sauce” target=”_blank”]Tamari[/url] gluten free soy sauce
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger or ¼ tsp. dried ginger
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced for garnish (use green tops only)
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in bottom of pan.
- Combine marmalade, orange juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Pour over top of chicken.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Turn chicken over once during baking time.
- Baste with sauce about every 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Garnish with green onions.
This delicious entree is so quick and easy. You can have it oven-ready in about 5 minutes.
If you enjoy the taste of orange and chicken together, you’ll find this recipe delightful.
I served Glazed Orange Marmalade Chicken with Zoodles Parmesan.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $9.55Was: $12.49