Chocolate M&M Brownies
Chocolate M&M Brownies are so addictive. I have to admit that brownies are a real weakness for me–especially anything including M&M’s. Add frosting on top of brownies, cookies or cakes and I have no self control! 🙁 These brownies have two out of the three and are about as rich and decadent as they come.
Chocolate M&M Brownies start with my fabulous Fudge Frosted Brownies. It’s our favorite brownie recipe, enuf said. But instead of adding the Fudge Frosting I decided to toss M&M’s in the batter and on top. I still had a lot of M&Ms leftover from Christmas baking.
The result? Marvelous. With a capital “M!” These brownies are ooey, gooey and dense, just the way brownies are supposed to be. Not cake-like, that some try to pass off as brownies. They are chocolaty–make that double chocolaty–and oh, so satisfying. When you want a treat to satisfy your sweet tooth, this is it. These are easy enough to whip up for any occasion. And, because I spread them into a 10×15″ glass baking dish (glass cooks better than aluminum), I get 32 brownies out of each batch.
My original brownie recipe came from Cynthia McMillen-Wenig when we went to church together at First Baptist Church of Indian Rocks in Largo, FL. Cynthia and I had kids born around the same time and we used to swap off baby-sitting regularly. Cynthia was one of those gals we always envied because she, at 5’7″, weighed in about 110-115 pounds.
Even after giving birth to each of her four children she did not have baby weight afterwards. She looked like she had never been pregnant 3 days after giving birth. Seriously! How she made delicious recipes like this and never gained an ounce is beyond me. Chalk it up to a super incredible metabolism and self control. That is, eating one instead of five!
John needed some goodies to take to some friends right after the New Year. So I decided to whip up a batch of these tasty brownies for him to take along and share. Our goodies are always well received wherever he goes! These Chocolate M&M Brownies were no exception.
If you’re looking for a dynamite brownie recipe to die for, then look no farther than Chocolate M&M Brownies. You will be salivating like Pavlov’s dogs as soon as you hear the timer go off and see that these are ready to be taken out of the oven. Did I say they were really satisfying? Sigh. I’ll take three with a glass of milk. 🙂
You’ll be drooling over Chocolate M&M Brownies from the first bite.
If you enjoy chocolate and M&Ms you’ll love these brownies.
While I wanted to eat this many brownies in one sitting, I refrained. 🙁
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter. Add cocoa.
Whisk to combine.
Add sugar, vanilla, eggs and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Mix with a whisk to combine.
Add part of the M&Ms.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease or spray a 10×15″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour brownie mixture into prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining M&Ms on top.
Bake at 350 about 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Chocolate M&M Brownies are a treat your whole family will enjoy.
It’s time to stop and try a bite. 🙂
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE M&M BROWNIES
(Recipe inspired from my Fudge Frosted Brownies recipe)
- ¾ cup [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/” target=”_blank” title=”nestle tollhouse cocoa”]Nestle’s[/url] Tollhouse cocoa
- 2 ½ sticks melted unsalted butter (1 ¼ cups)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”pure vanilla extract”]McCormick[/url] pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.mms.com/” target=”_blank” title=”m&ms”]M&M [/url]candies, divided use
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Whisk in cocoa until no lumps remain.
- Add eggs, sugar, vanilla and flour and whisk until smooth.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Add 1 ½ cups M&M’s and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spray a 10×15” baking dish heavily with cooking spray.
- Spread brownie batter into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup of M&M’s over top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool brownies completely.
Chocolate M&M Brownies are great brownies for tailgating parties or anytime you’re getting together with friends.
These brownies are seriously addictive. Once you try one, you won’t want to stop!
Bite after delicious bite of chocolate and M&Ms. Yum.