Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies
I love chocolate and mint together – in any kind of dessert, and certainly in these Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies. I started with my delicious Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycat Recipe for a basic chocolate chip cookie dough and substituted these delightful(l) 🙂 mint flavored chips instead. Because my original recipe uses about 1 1/2 times more chocolate chips than a normal recipe, these cookies are LOADED with chocolate and mint flavor. I loved them.
Around Christmas time, John was in our local H-E-B grocery store and brought home several bags of Nestle’s new Delightfulls dark chocolate mint chips. They were on close-out so he purchased about 8 or 9 bags of them! I wondered how I was going to use up all of those chips. I made a double batch of Chocolate Mint Brownies and these jewels.
My first go around with this recipe didn’t work because I misread the recipe and used inadequate flour. (That’s what you get when you look at the vanilla line and use that number instead of reading the correct number on the flour line!) While the cookies tasted amazing, they had flattened out and run all over our cookie sheets. I wanted to remake the cookies immediately but, alas, when I went back to the store they had sold out of the mint-flavored delightfulls chips.
I never dreamed that the mint flavor (they have several different flavors), would be available again until next Christmas. But, to my good fortune, I found these as a regularly stocked item at our local Wal-Mart! Go figure.
I snatched up several bags with the specific intention of remaking these delicious cookies–but this time I intended to get the correct cookie consistency and take a few decent pictures! I found my results were perfection. I was delighted with how Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies turned out (with the correct amount of flour)! They were full of chocolaty, minty essence. While these are great cookies for the holidays or St. Patrick’s Day, you can make these cookies anytime of the year now that the chips are available year round.
If you’re looking for a delightful (pun intended) cookie to make for a family dessert, the holidays or just because, then you’ve got to try these Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies. They are high on both dark chocolate flavor and mint flavor but also have a good dose of vanilla, too. You’ll love the texture: crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. They make these Nestle delightfull chips in so many flavors. I can’t wait to try each one!
Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies are awesome!
These cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.
If you enjoy chocolate and mint together, you’ll love Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add sugars, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add Nestle Delightfulls chocolate mint chips.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Roll mixture into balls and place on sprayed or greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. Rotate racks every four minutes.
Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies are great for holiday baking.
This recipe uses one of the BEST chocolate chip cookie doughs ever!
Here’s the recipe.
DARK CHOCOLATE MINT COOKIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”mccormick pure vanilla extract”]McCormick’s[/url] real vanilla extract (no imitation vanilla flavoring)
- 3 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 9-oz. bags [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/media/pressreleases/Nestl%C3%A9-Toll-House-DelightFulls%E2%84%A2-Filled-Morsels-” target=”_blank” title=”nestle’s delightfulls chips”]Nestle’s[/url] Toll House Delightfuls dark chocolate morsels with mint filling
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in flour and baking chips with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Shape dough with hands into golf ball-sized dough balls and place a couple inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- I rotated racks after 4 minutes.
Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies can be whipped up just a few minutes. Before you know it you’ll have plates of these scrumptious cookies to serve your family and friends.
Don’t Dark Chocolate Mint Cookies look wonderful?