Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are scrumptious and delightful. Are you ready for another cookie that combines chocolate and mint? I know that not everyone enjoys mint. But I love mint, especially when it’s combined with chocolate.
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are made with my Mrs. Field’s Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycat Recipe cookie dough. Instead of using chocolate chips, however, I used Andes creme de menthe baking chips. Because this basic recipe calls for 50% more chocolate chips than most recipes, I used a full bag and a half of Andes baking chips. The outcome? There’s lots of chocolaty, minty flavor in these delicious cookies.
John asked me to bake up some cookies for some friends he was visiting a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would try this favorite recipe and use up some extra baking chips leftover from Christmas. I love tweaking good recipes.
I also used this same basic cookie dough and made up a batch of Mrs. Field’s White Chocolate Chip Cookie Copycat Recipe. Those cookies were also amazing. The one has a lovely white chocolate taste, and this one has a lovely chocolate mint taste.
These scrumptious cookies remind me of eating Andes chocolate mints as a kid. When I was a young girl, I used to dust a women’s house down the street every Saturday morning. I would earn about a $1.00 or so a week and spend almost every cent of that money on candy! Andes Chocolate Mints were one of those candies I used to gobble down by the mouthful.
If you enjoy chocolate and mint in desserts, then give these delectable cookies a try. But be prepared to gobble down more than a few!
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are chocolaty and minty and so heavenly!
These scrumptious cookies are so loaded with chocolate and mint baking chips that you have terrific flavor in every bite.
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are great for any kind of occasion. They’re fairly quick to whip up so you can have a batch ready in just over a half hour!
Here’s what I did.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, eggs, salt, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add 1 1/2 bags Andes creme de menthe baking chips.
Stir ingredients together thoroughly with a wooden spoon to combine. Roll mixture into balls and place on greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until done.
Bring along a batch of Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies to your next tailgating party!
Put Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies on your Christmas or St. Patrick’s Day baking list.
You’ll be drooling over every bite of these fantastic treats.
Here’s the recipe.
ANDES CHOCOLATE MINT COOKIES
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 ½ tsp. [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”real vanilla extract”]McCormick’s[/url] real vanilla extract (no imitation vanilla flavoring)
- 3 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 ½ 12-oz. bags [url href=”http://www.tootsie.com/recipes/andes-baking-chips” target=”_blank” title=”andes baking chips”]Andes[/url] Crème de Menthe baking chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in flour and Andes baking chips with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Shape dough with hands into golf ball-sized dough balls and place a couple inches apart on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- I rotated racks every 4 minutes.
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are crunchy on the outside but chewy on the inside.
If you enjoy chocolate and mint together, you’ll love these spectacular cookies.
Andes Chocolate Mint Cookies are terrific for tailgating parties, potlucks, backyard barbecues and family reunions.