Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies are a mint lover’s delight. Creme de Menthe baking chips, chocolate chips, pecans and coconut make up this marvelous chocolate chip-type brownie. This brownie is LOADED with chocolate, too, along with being rich, decadent, and amazing. These mouthwatering brownies will have you salivating as you reach for a tall glass of milk.
These terrific brownies start with my niece, Heather’s, Best Chocolate Chip Cookie dough adding the “optional” chopped nuts. Then I added a package of Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips and coconut. These outrageous brownies will satisfy the strongest sweet tooth. They are like a chocolate chip cookie/brownie on steroids! Wow.
Last week, I wanted to make up some goodies for our church office staff for all their hard work. So along with Banana Mini Morsel Bars and Tropical Orange Creamsicle Bars, I made up a batch of Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies. Granted, I love mint in anything. Certainly in sweets. But I realize not everyone feels the same way I do.
However, if you enjoy mint-flavored goodies, then put Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies on your holiday baking list. They’re also terrific for your next tailgating party or backyard barbecue. Be prepared for a sugar high, though, as these goodies have a lot of sugar and chocolate!
Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies are rich, decadent and amazing!
These brownies are loaded with chocolate and mint.
Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies are great for tailgating parties and potlucks.
Here’s what I did.
Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Set aside.
Place softened butter, eggs, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Add baking soda mixture.
Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer or whisk.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add coconut, chocolate chips, Andes creme de menthe baking chips and pecans.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease a 10×17″ jelly roll pan. Spread cookie dough mixture into prepared pan.
Bake at 350 approximately 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Each mouthful of Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies is mouthwatering.
These terrific brownies are great for holiday baking–especially if you love mint-flavored brownies.
Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies are filled with chocolate. Truly they are a chocolate lover’s delight.
Here’s the recipe.
CREME DE MENTHE CHOCOLATE CHIP BROWNIES
(Recipe inspired from my niece Heather’s, Best Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate or white chocolate chips
- 10-oz. bag [url href=”http://tootsie.com/recipes/” target=”_blank” title=”andes mints”]Andes[/url] Crème de Menthe baking chips
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water.
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking soda/water mixture with an electric mixer.
- Stir in flour, chocolate chips, Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips, coconut and nuts with a wooden spoon.
- Spread mixture into a 10×15” jelly roll pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake about 25-30 minutes at 350° or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
One batch of Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Brownies makes 48 brownies! Yum.
If you love chocolate and mint together you will love these brownies.
Better grab one before they’re all gone!