Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups are really first rate. These savory Pizza Cups use a delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip stuffing in large refrigerated biscuits. They’re fitted into muffin tins so they’re easy to handle as a finger food appetizer. These appetizers include the heat from the Buffalo Sauce and savory flavors from Mozzarella, Taco Blend Cheese and Blue Cheese crumbles. A little garlic powder and green onions add the finishing touches.
Follow Me On Instagram!
Back in October our Wednesday night community group had an appetizer night. I made these delicious Pizza Cups. I thought the idea of Buffalo Chicken Dip inside little muffins would be spectacular and it was! Everyone loved these miniature pizzas. The really interesting thing was that even though most of the folks that attended that night don’t usually do Blue Cheese anything, they didn’t even realize it was on the top of the pizza cups. When I told them they were amazed….and still loved them!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups are marvelous for a weekend pick-me-up when you want a substantial snack to feed your family but don’t have time for a traditional meal. They’re also excellent for tailgating parties, potlucks and the Super Bowl! If you’re looking for a great appetizer to bring to your next party, these miniature “pizzas” will do it!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups are fantastic appetizers featuring Buffalo Chicken Dip!
These miniature pizza cups are hearty, filling and quite substantial!
While I used the jumbo refrigerated biscuits, these will also work with regular refrigerated biscuits.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place shredded chicken, Buffalo sauce, sour cream, softened cream cheese, pepper and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Add green onions, Taco Blend cheese and Mozzarella cheese.
Stir again to combine. Set aside.
Lightly oil or spray two 12-tin muffin tins. Spread biscuits into each tin.
Spoon Buffalo Chicken mixture into biscuits. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle Taco Blend cheese over top of the mozzarella cheese.
Sprinkle 1/3 to 1/2 teaspoon Blue Cheese crumbles over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the biscuits are no longer goopy on top. Sprinkle green onions over top of miniature Pizza Cups before serving.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups are great for tailgating parties and potlucks.
I recommend Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups for the Super Bowl! Serve them hot just out of the oven. 🙂
If you enjoy Buffalo Chicken Dip, you’ll love these miniature pizzas made with it!
Here’s the recipe.
BUFFALO CHICKEN PIZZA CUPS
(My own concoction)
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups
- 2 12-tin regular muffin pans
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 Rolling Pin to roll out the biscuits
- 1 sharp knife to dice onions
- 2 cups chicken shredded
- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup Buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- dash ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded (divided use)
- 1 1/2 cups Taco Blend cheese shredded (divided use)
- 3 large green onions sliced (divided use)
- 1/4 cup Blue Cheese crumbles
- 24 jumbo buttermilk refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly oil or spray two 12-tin muffin tins.
- Roll out each biscuit and fit into prepared muffin tins stretching the dough to almost fill the muffin tins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken, softened cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce, garlic salt and pepper.
- Stir in ¾ cup each of mozzarella cheese and Taco Blend cheese.
- Dice one and a half green onions and stir into chicken mix with other ingredients.
- Spoon Buffalo Chicken Dip mixture into prepared biscuits in muffin tins.
- Sprinkle each biscuit evenly with remaining ¾ cup of mozzarella cheese and Taco Blend cheese.
- Then sprinkle about 1/3 to ½ teaspoon blue cheese crumbles evenly over top of each individual biscuit cup.
- Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until the biscuits and filling are hot and bubbly and no longer goopy on top.
- Sprinkle remaining diced green onions over top of each biscuit cup before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
I can’t tell you how amazing these pizza cups turned out. Everyone raved over them!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups have a little bite from the Buffalo sauce and green onions, but the sour cream and cream cheese soften that slightly so it’s not overpowering. The cheeses add the savory flavors everyone loves.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Cups are a great appetizer for any kind of party. They’re best served hot!