Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes
Oh my goodness. Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes are all you could want in a dessert. This recipe starts with one of my most pinned recipes on Pinterest. It includes Butter Pecan Cake Mix, pecans and chocolate icing in the batter! It’s marvelous to say the least. Even without the chocolate icing glaze on top, these Tea Cakes are rich, decadent and absolutely divine!
I made over 1,000 Tea Cakes of assorted flavors for our Christmas Baking Extravaganza this year. Those include Red Velvet, Pina Colada, Apricot, Cherry Cheesecake, Chocolate Cheesecake, Cranberry Orange, Pumpkin Cranberry, Pumpkin Toffee, Gingerbread, Strawberry, and Starbucks Copycat Lemon. We’ve had rave reviews over all of them. But I have to admit I ate more than my share of these wonderful Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes.
Every bite was drool-worthy. Truthfully, they are really hard to turn down! If you want a delectable dessert for any holiday party, potluck, birthday or special occasion, Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes are sure to please. You may find yourself having to make more than one batch.
NOTE: I purchased the miniature 20-tin Bundt pans at Jo-Ann’s Fabric and Crafts.
Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes are sensational with or without the icing!
These luscious Tea Cakes are wonderful for family or company meals.
You’ll swoon over every bite of this delicious chocolate dessert.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the Tea Cakes.
Pour Butter Pecan cake mix into a mixing bowl.
Add eggs, heavy whipping cream, canola oil, chocolate frosting and pecans.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Grease and flour a 20-tin miniature Bundt pan. Fill the tins no more than two-thirds full. Be careful NOT to overfill the tins as the cakes rise substantially when baking.
Bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Rotate the Bundt pans on oven shelf racks after 11 minutes if baking more than one Bundt pan at a time. Cool completely in tins before removing cakes to a wire rack.
I used this ingredient for the icing.
Remove lid and foil liner from canned frosting. Microwave about 15-20 seconds to soften the icing. Drizzle over Tea Cakes or spoon softened icing into a zip lock bag without the bottom. Snip off a corner and pipe frosting over top of individual Tea Cakes.
Be warned: Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes are addictive!
Every bite will knock your socks off.
These Tea Cakes are light and fluffy, but so rich and decadent!
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE BUTTER PECAN TEA CAKES
(My own concoction)
Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes
- 1 20-tin miniature bundt pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- measuring cups
- 1 nut chopper if nuts are not previously chopped
- 2 wire cooling racks
- 1 zip lock bag WITHOUT the "stand and fill" bottom
- 1 box Butter Pecan Cake Mix
- 1 cup canola oil or use coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can German Chocolate Frosting or chocolate frosting of your choice
- 1 cup pecans chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1 can chocolate frosting
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir well.
- Pour into a well-greased and floured 20-tin miniature Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes completely.
- Transfer cakes to a wire rack.
- Frost with Chocolate Icing.
- Remove lid and foil liner from canned frosting.
- Microwave about 15-20 seconds until icing softens.
- Drizzle icing over top of individual Tea Cakes.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Your family and friends will gobble up these Tea Cakes in no time!
Chocolate Butter Pecan Tea Cakes are so mouthwatering and irresistible. You’re gonna want more than one!
It’s time to devour them!