Tropical Pineapple Meltaways
Candied Pineapple and vanilla chips along with pineapple extract are the featured ingredients in these luscious Tropical Pineapple Meltaways. Like the Cherry Meltaways, these cookies are “melt-in-your-mouth” cookies that simply dissolve in the mouth while eating. I used Paradise Fruit Company’s Tropical Pineapple Mix in these delicious cookies and they turned out fantastic.
I was approached by Paradise Fruit Company to use some off their products in my Christmas baking this year. Since I start holiday baking in October, I need these fruits early! I’ve made an assortment of holiday treats with the candied fruit, including cookies, scones, donuts, muffins and Cinnamon Rolls. Everything has turned out wonderfully, and thankfully, as I type this, I’m almost finished with my Christmas baking for this year.
Tropical Pineapple Meltaways are super sweet. Not only do the cookies get sweetness from the sugar and candied pineapple, but I added vanilla chips to the batter so these cookies are extra rich and decadent. We loved them! They set up beautifully while baking, and as I stated before, they disappear in your mouths so delightfully.
If you’re looking for fun ways to use candied fruits, these Tropical Pineapple Melltaways are the ticket! Every bite will have you swooning.
Tropical Pineapple Meltaways are outstanding!
These scrumptious cookies seem to just dissolve in your mouth while eating!
I rolled the cookies in Turbinado sugar before baking which makes them a little sparkly too! 🙂
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add granulated sugar, powdered sugar, eggs, pineapple extract, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. (I was making four batches at a time, so the pictures reflect more than a single batch of cookies.)
Beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Chop candied pineapple and set aside.
Add unbleached flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add vanilla chips and chopped candied pineapple.
Stir ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
Pour Turbinado sugar into a small bowl.
Roll mixture into golf-ball sized balls.
Roll dough into Turbinado sugar.
Place cookie balls on greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees about 12-15 minutes. Rotate cookie sheets on oven racks after 7 minutes of baking time. (My cookies took 17 minutes to bake completely).
Serve and enjoy!
These cookies are so drool-worthy. You enjoy every bite as they dissolve in your mouth!
Candied pineapple, vanilla chips and pineapple extract just pop in flavor in these luscious cookies.
Here’s the recipe.
TROPICAL PINEAPPLE MELTAWAYS
(My own concoction)
Tropical Pineapple Meltaways
- 3 18×26" cookie sheet pans
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 sharp knife to chop pineapple
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 spatula
- 1 cup salted butter softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup canola oil or avocado oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 5 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pineapple extract (or pure vanilla extract if you cannot locate pineapple extract)
- 2 cups Paradise Tropical Pineapple Mix diced
- 12 oz. pkg. vanilla chips or premiere white baking chips
- 2/3 cup Turbinado sugar to roll cookie dough in (or as needed)
- Combine butter, oil, granulated sugar, confectioners’ sugar, eggs, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt and pineapple extract in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Stir in flour and Tropical Pineapple Mix with a wooden spoon until completely combined.
- Shape cookies into balls.
- Roll in granulated or Turbinado sugar.
- Put 3" apart on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes.
- Rotate cookie sheets on oven racks after 7 minutes of baking time.
Candied Pineapple provided courtesy of Paradise Fruit Company.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Tropical Pineapple Melltaways are great treats to bake up during the holidays.
These are wonderful to take to Christmas Cookie Exchanges or tailgating parties.
Every bite will have you swooning. 🙂