Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert is a luscious, creamy light dessert that’s perfect for the holidays. But’s it’s also a great dessert for company any time of the year. It’s one of those desserts that’s completely satisfying for any sweet tooth craving. While it does have several stages, this dessert is worth the effort.
Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas! We are here in sunny Florida spending the holidays with John’s family and soaking up the sunshine. Yesterday was John’s birthday, and since birthday boy loves pineapple as one of his favorite fruits I decided to make this spectacular dessert.
It has a yummy graham cracker crust with a luscious cream cheese and pineapple filling, topped with Cool Whip and fresh pineapple. Oh, my! Was it ever wonderful. All our relatives thought it was fantastic and one I should make over and over again.
I found this Hawaiian recipe for Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert last August from Happy Hodgepodge Home knowing that with all the pineapple in it, my husband would probably really love this recipe. I was right. It was fantastic and fairly easy to make.
The only difficulty I had with this recipe was getting it to set up. It took about 30 minutes in the refrigerator PLUS about 2 hours in the freezer before it set up enough to put the cream cheese/pineapple layer in the dish. But overall, it was really easy and well worth the effort. My guests devoured it down to the last crumb!
If you are looking for an amazing dessert for company, holiday entertaining, or family members who enjoy pineapple and cheesecake-type desserts, this recipe is for you! The thick, rich, delectable cream cheese and pineapple filling is marvelous. Our family loved this delicious recipe. I think you will too.
I originally published this recipe in December 2012 while I was still taking pictures with an iPhone 3. Unfortunately, all those first-year blog recipes had less than desirable pictures, so I’ve been retaking them so get better ones.
I recently remade this recipe (August 2016) for a staff luncheon for the teachers at our Christian school. It was served as a dessert along with a batch of my Snickers Delight and Butterfinger Delight. All were very well received.
Here’s a look at this spectacular Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert.
This elegant dessert is great for holiday entertaining or any other time of the year.
This dessert cuts easy into nice, beautiful squares.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter. Add 3 tbsp. sugar and graham cracker crumbs.
Stir together to combine.
Spray a glass 9×13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Press graham cracker mixture into bottom of glass baking dish and press down well with the back of a spoon or a fork. Place in freezer while preparing other ingredients.
Place 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin in a mixing bowl. Add sugar and stir to combine. Add boiling water.
Drain crushed pineapple and squeeze out excess juice. Add to boiling water mixture. Place in freezer about 30 minutes to solidify somewhat.
Soften cream cheese. Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer.
Add creamed cream cheese mixture to sugar/gelatin/pineapple mixture.
Whisk ingredients together. This will be very soupy and lumpy. Cover and place in freezer for about an hour until mixture is firm but not quite set.
Mix cold pineapple mixture with an electric mixer until smooth.
Spread pineapple mixture over top of graham cracker crumb crust that has been put in the freezer. Place dish back in the freezer for another hour.
Remove dish from freezer and spread non-dairy whipped topping over top of cream cheese-pineapple mixture that has set.
Garnish with fresh pineapple slices and maraschino cherries. Refrigerate several hours before serving.
Here’s a close up so you can see the texture of this luscious dessert. The nice thing about Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert is it’s really easy to make. You will have to allow for adequate time for the dessert to set up in the different stages, however.
My guests thought this dessert was scrumptious. I think you will too! Lots of luscious pineapple in a cream cheese filling and fluffy Cool Whip make this a dessert to remember!
Here’s the recipe.
PINEAPPLE CREAM CHEESE DESSERT
(Recipe adapted from Happy Hodgepodge Home) This is based on an old Hawaiian recipe.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 envelopes plain gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pineapple, drained really well
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 16-oz. container cool whip, non-dairy topping
- 1 cup fresh pineapple for garnish
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, 3 tbsp. sugar and melted butter together and press into a 9×13” glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Mix unflavored gelatin and 1 ½ cups sugar together.
- Dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water.
- Drain pineapple and press out excess juice.
- Add drained pineapple to boiling water mixture.
- Let the mixture cool about 30 minutes.
- Soften cream cheese, then cream the cream cheese with an electric mixer.
- Add pineapple and gelatin mixture. It will look a little watery and lumpy.
- Place bowl in the freezer until it is just starting to set (don’t wait until it sets completely).
- This took 2 hours in the freezer before the mixture was thick enough but you should check every 30 minutes until it gets to this point.
- Remove from freezer and beat mixture with mixer.
- Pour mixture over crust and place back into refrigerator for about an hour.
- Remove from refrigerator and spread Cool Whip topping on top of the pineapple cream cheese layer.
- Garnish with fresh pineapple, as desired.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Slice and serve.
This is a wonderfully festive and elegant Pineapple Cream Cheese Dessert to serve for holidays or special occasions. So delectable, so scrumptious, so mouth watering! You and your family will surely drool over this tasty dessert.
This luscious dessert is a pineapple lover’s delight! Every incredible bite has lots of delicious pineapple and cream cheese.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $34.85Was: $49.21