Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies are magnificent! The brownie layer starts with a Red Velvet cake mix that’s mixed with chocolate chips or chocolate chunks and either pecans or walnuts. The cream cheese layer is like a cheesecake layer with coconut. The two layers are swirled together to marbleize and voila! The outcome is amazing.
These delicious brownies are a take off on my Cream Cheese Brownies which happen to be our most favorite brownie recipe in the world! Instead of using a fudge brownie mix I swapped out and used a Red Velvet Cake Mix. It was wonderful. If you’re into Red Velvet desserts, then this one needs to be at the top of your “to-do” list!
One of the reasons I like this brownie so well is the addition of coconut to the batter. Yes, I’m a coconut fiend. I like it in almost any dessert. When I first sampled Judy Norton’s Cream Cheese Brownies several years ago when we were attending Hillcrest Baptist Church in Cedar Hill, she had added coconut to her recipe. I’ve kept up that tradition.
While I certainly enjoy my Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies and my Red Velvet Cookie Dough Cheesecake Brownies, neither of those recipes have coconut! They are both delicious in their own right, but there’s just something about this one that’s extra special!
If you’re looking for a spectacular brownie for holidays, potlucks, baby showers, or any other special occasion–or perhaps just because you love chocolate, then you’ve got to make this delectable treat soon. Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies is a dessert your family is sure to love. Better make up a batch soon because you’ll never be able to get enough!
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies are rich, decadent, divine!
You won’t be able to put this brownie down!
Every mouthful is delectable.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the cream cheese layer.
Soften cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl.
Add eggs, flour, sugar, and vanilla.
Cream with an electric mixer until smooth. Add coconut.
Fold coconut into the cream cheese batter.
I used these ingredients for the brownie layer. You can use either walnuts or pecans and either chocolate chunks, chocolate chips or even miniature chocolate chips. All work fine.
Place Red Velvet Cake Mix into a mixing bowl. Add oil, water, and an egg.
Cream with an electric mixer until well combined.
Stir in chocolate chunks and diced walnuts.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Spread half of the cream cheese filling into the bottom of the prepared dish.
Dollop half of the red velvet brownie batter over top of the cream cheese layer. You can smooth the top a little if you prefer.
Cover brownie layer with remaining cream cheese layer.
Now dollop the rest of the remaining brownie layer on top of the cream cheese layer.
Using a knife or wooden spoon, swirl the two layers together bringing the cream cheese layer up to the top and marbleize the brownies.
Bake at 350 for about 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies make great holiday treats!
These brownies are great for tailgating parties, backyard barbecues, or special occasion brunches.
Here’s the recipe.
RED VELVET CREAM CHEESE BROWNIES
(Recipe inspired from Judy Norton’s Cream Cheese Brownies, when we attended Hillcrest Baptist Church, Cedar Hill, TX)
- [b]CREAM CHEESE LAYER:[/b][br]
- 8-oz. cream cheese, softened
- 5 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup coconut[br]
- [b]RED VELVET BROWNIE LAYER:[/b][br]
- 1 box [url href=”http://www.duncanhines.com/” target=”_blank” title=”duncan hines”]Duncan Hines[/url] Red Velvet cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chopped nuts (either walnuts or pecans work fine)
- 12-oz. bag chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Mix cream cheese and butter with electric mixer.
- Add sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla.
- Stir in coconut.
- Set aside.[br]
- Mix red velvet cake mix, egg, water and oil.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chunks.
- The dough will be thick.
- Spray a 9×13” baking pan with cooking spray (or grease and flour pan).
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture in bottom of pan.
- Spread out to cover surface of pan.
- Then spread half of the red velvet brownie mixture over top of the cream cheese mixture.
- It won’t spread evenly, but you can dollop it onto the mixture and move it around slightly to cover the surface the best you can.
- Pour and spread remaining cream cheese mixture over top of the red velvet brownie layer, and then remaining red velvet brownie mix.
- Using a wooden spoon swirl through all layers.
- Don’t overdo it, but make sure you swirl the batter in 2 or 3 inch swirls throughout the pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 40-45 minutes.
- Be sure mixture is set in the middle.
- Test with a toothpick.
- Cook additional 5 or 10 minutes if necessary, depending on the heat of your oven.
Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies will be the first dessert to go at any holiday party.
If you enjoy red velvet, plus chocolate, plus coconut, you’ll love Red Velvet Cream Cheese Brownies.
Your friends will rave over these sumptuous treats!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $299.00Was: $429.99