Gluten Free Living – 2014
Have I got a scrumptious recipe for you! Ambrosia Salad. Yum. This recipe has everything you want in an Ambrosia Salad–maraschino cherries, pineapple, mandarin orange segments, coconut, marshmallows and pecans in a deliciously light and fluffy dressing. It’s quick, easy and a wonderful salad to make for the holidays or anytime of the year you have a hankering for Ambrosia.
I was making a meal for some friends who just had a baby a couple of weeks ago and I was trying to figure out what would go with the menu I’d planned. I finally settled on Ambrosia Salad as a tasty, fruity salad that would go with just about everything. Plus, after seeing the original picture on Pinterest last month , I’ve been dying to make this recipe ever since. Ambrosia Salad was everything I imagined it to be–and more! I loved the taste and texture of this salad. (The cook always gets a sample of everything she makes!) 🙂
Our family loves fluffy, fruity salads and I’ve made a lot of them over the years. I have one called Ambrosia Waldorf Salad and it’s quite tasty as well. Cherry Fruit Salad is lovely and always a crowd-pleaser. My Taffy Apple Salad and Pistachio Fruit Fluff Salad also get rave reviews every time I make them. All of these salads are great for potlucks, backyard barbecues and to serve as a holiday side dish. I made a few tweaks to this Ambrosia Salad recipe which help make it even better.
If you’re looking for a fabulous Ambrosia recipe to serve for the holiday season this year, then by all means pin this recipe so you have it to go to in a month or so when it’s time to begin planning holiday menus. Though this is called a “salad,” I use that term loosely. Many will find Ambrosia Salad sweet enough to eat for dessert!
Ambrosia Salad is a perfect side dish for holiday and company dinners.
Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin orange segments, pineapple, pecans, coconut, fruit-flavored marshmallows and maraschino cherries for a spectacular taste.
Ambrosia Salad is quick and easy to make, too.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place whipped topping and Greek yogurt in a bowl.
Add coconut, pecans, oranges, pineapple and cherries.
Add fruit-flavored marshmallows.
Gently stir ingredients to combine.
To serve, spoon Ambrosia Salad into dessert dishes. Sprinkle with additional coconut, pecans and maraschino cherries, as desired.
Everyone loves this delicious salad!
Here’s the recipe.
(Recipe adapted from My Baking Addiction)
- 12-oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup[url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank” title=”chobani greek yogurt”] Chobani[/url] plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained and patted dry
- 1 8-ounce can pineapple tidbits or crushed pineapple, drained and patted dry
- 16-oz. maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained and patted dry (divided use)
- 1/2 cup Fisher chopped pecans, optional
- 1 1/2 cups [url href=”http://www.kraftrecipes.com/Products/productmain.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”kraft marshmallows”]Kraft Jet-Puffed Miniature Fruit-Flavored Marshmallows[/url]
- additional coconut, pecans and maraschino cherries for garnish
- In a large bowl, stir together the whipped topping and yogurt.
- Add coconut, oranges, pineapple, pecans marshmallows and 1 cup maraschino cherries and fold into whipped topping.
- Chill before serving.
- Garnish with additional coconut, pecans and maraschino cherries, as desired.
Doesn’t Ambrosia Salad look marvelous?
Every bite of Ambrosia Salad is mouthwatering. You’d better make a double batch!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!