Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake is one of those desserts you just have to make. Oh my goodness, this cake is divine! It’s a rich chocolaty cake that’s poked with a straw, then both condensed milk and hot fudge sauce is poured over top. The cake is topped with Cool Whip, more hot fudge sauce and chopped Heath Bars. Need I say more? Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake is spectacular by itself, but serving it ala mode makes it even more phenomenal!
Back when I worked at Dallas Baptist University in the early 2000s, our staff in the College of Adult Education would get together routinely for breakfasts, lunches, birthday parties and other special occasions. We always seemed to have a party going on!
Patty Whiteley brought this cake in several times for these get-togethers. I begged Patty for the recipe and finely I got an ingredient list (kind of) from Patty on a little post-it note. There were no amounts, just ingredients. I’ve had this cake recipe sitting in my cookbook for almost 15 years now before finally getting around to making it.
We had a couple of families over for dinner last weekend so we could reconnect with some friends we hadn’t seen in over a year. We knew both of them from being in a former church together. One of the couples recently adopted a special needs child with Downs Syndrome and wanted us to meet the newest addition to their family. It was a delightful evening with friends.
We had a real food fest (since all of us enjoy cooking) and, of course, the food was fabulous. I served Mexican Lasagna, Corn and Green Bean Casserole, Butternut Squash Bake, Raspberry Almond Bars and this lovely cake. They brought homemade Guacamole and Salsa, and a Tossed Salad. Yes, we had plenty of food. Everyone oohed and ahhhed over everything. I ate way too much guacamole and salsa, but the desserts were to die for! 🙂 We served the cake with ice cream, but it is plenty rich enough without it.
If you’re looking for a fantastic dessert to WOW your family and friends, look no farther than Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake. If you enjoy chocolate, hot fudge sauce, and Heath Bars, this will be a chocolate lover’s delight for you! You won’t have any sweet tooth cravings after one bite of this terrific cake.
This delicious recipe is posted at All Free Casserole Recipes, here.
Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake is amazing.
Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake is a great cake to make for special occasions, birthdays, baby showers or other parties.
Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake will make you drool!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
I used these ingredients for the actual cake. Instead of using water I used heavy whipping cream for a richer, fuller flavor.
Place cake mix in a mixing bowl. Add eggs and oil.
Add heavy whipping cream.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
Grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Pour cake batter into prepared baking dish.
Bake at 325 for 35-40 minutes. (Mine took 50 minutes). Allow cake to cool completely.
Pour sweetened condensed milk over top of cake.
Spread with a knife and make sure the milk gets into the holes.
Microwave hot fudge sauce (without the lid) about 45 seconds at 50% power to soften and make the sauce of spreading consistency. Spread three-fourths of the hot fudge sauce over top of sweetened condensed milk.
Top with Cool Whip.
Drizzle remaining hot fudge sauce over top of Cool Whip.
Sprinkle chopped Heath Bars over top of hot fudge sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake will satisfy every sweet tooth craving you have.
Slice and serve–with or without ice cream. This dessert is a chocolate lover’s delight!
Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake is a delectable dessert your family and guests will love.
Here’s the recipe.
HEATH BAR HOT FUDGE POKE CAKE
(Recipe adapted from Patty Whiteley, when we worked together at Dallas Baptist University, Dallas, TX)
- 1 [url href=”http://www.bettycrocker.com/” target=”_blank” title=”betty crocker cake mix”]Betty Crocker[/url] German chocolate cake mix
- 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 11.75-oz. jar [url href=”http://www.smuckers.com/” target=”_blank” title=”smuckers hot fudge sauce”]Smucker’s[/url] Hot Fudge Topping, divided use
- 12-oz. bag [url href=”http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/heath/toffee-bar.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”heath bars”]Heath[/url] English Toffee Bar miniatures, chopped (I used 40)
- 12-oz. container [url href=”http://www.kraftrecipes.com/coolwhip/coolwhip.aspx#/home” target=”_blank” title=”cool whip”]Cool Whip[/url] non-dairy whipped topping
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix cake mix, whipping cream, eggs and canola oil with an electric mixer at low speed about a minute.
- Increase speed and beat another couple of minutes until cake texture is smooth and thick.
- Spread cake batter into the bottom of prepared dish.
- Bake at 325° for approximately 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- (Mine took 50 minutes.)
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Poke holes in cake with a straw.
- Pour a can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cake so that it oozes into the holes.
- Spread with a knife if necessary to cover entire surface.
- Allow cake to sit about 5 minutes.
- Remove lid from hot fudge sauce.
- Microwave about 45 seconds at 50% power or until of a spreadable consistency.
- Very gently, spread about ¾ of the jar of hot fudge sauce over top of the cake and smooth over top with a knife so that the fudge sauce also goes into the holes.
- Spread the container of Cool Whip over top of the cake.
- If hot fudge sauce has gotten thick, microwave another 10-15 seconds at 50% power until it’s softer.
- Drizzle remaining sauce over top of Cool Whip.
- Add chopped Heath bars and sprinkle over top of the hot fudge sauce.
- Cover and refrigerate.
Doesn’t Heath Bar Hot Fudge Poke Cake look terrific?
If you love Heath Bars you love this heavenly cake.
Enjoy this wonderful cake soon. Put it on your next special occasion menu.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $64.98Was: $70.00
Price: $272.49Was: $429.99