Gluten Free Living – 2015
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is so over-the-top, so mouthwatering, so delicious, it’s probably one of the best dips I’ve ever eaten! No joke. This one has a seasoned cream cheese layer on the bottom. Then it’s topped with either spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce, pepperoni, diced green onions and green bell peppers. After baking for ten minutes you top the dip with mozzarella cheese and bake it again until the cheese melts.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is magnificent! I had a hard time stopping once I dug into this tasty appetizer. I first sampled this amazing dip as a Christmas appetizer in 2013. We were having Christmas dinner with some neighbors of my sister-in-law, and Marie had all kinds of amazing appetizers, side dishes, and desserts. Her Rasbperry Trifle was to die for!
Then last Christmas we were in Florida again for the holidays and my sister hosted Christmas dinner. Marie brought this spectacular appetizer and I drooled all over it again! I begged for the recipe so I could serve it at our Super Bowl party a couple of weeks ago.
Everybody loved it. I made up a small batch for us ahead of time and I could have eaten ALL of both batches single handedly. It’s that good.
If you love pepperoni pizza (my favorite comfort food), then you will love it in dip form. I served it with bagel chips and it was terrific that way, but if you are trying to maintain a gluten free appetizer, then you’ll need to serve it with gluten free crackers, potato or tortilla chips or other gluten free chips.
This luscious dip is so amazing you’ve just got to make it soon. While it’s wonderful for tailgating parties, Pepperoni Pizza Dip is a great dip to take along to any kind of party, baby shower, family gathering or when sharing snacks at your office. I guarantee the dip will be cleaned out in no time and you will be drooling until you get the next batch made up! 🙂
I served Pepperoni Pizza Dip on assorted flavors of bagel chips. It was so amazing.
This recipe is so quick and easy, you can have it made in about half an hour!
Seriously, I could have wolfed down the whole dish of Pepperoni Pizza Dip, it’s THAT good!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften cream cheese. Stir in seasonings.
Add sour cream and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture into the bottom of a pie plate or torte dish.
Top with spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce.
Place sliced pepperoni on top of the spaghetti sauce, so that the spaghetti sauce is pretty well covered. Sprinkle sliced green onions and diced bell peppers on top. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of the dish. Make sure you spread it evenly so the cheese doesn’t clump all in one place.
Bake another 5 minutes or so until cheese melts. Serve with crackers, bagel chips (pictured), or gluten free chips or crackers if desired.
The folks at our Super Bowl party LOVED this dip.
If you need to keep this appetizer gluten free, then serve it with gluten free crackers or chips.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is the perfect appetizer for tailgating parties or the Super Bowl. Guys love this stuff!
If you enjoy Pepperoni Pizza, you’ll go bonkers over this appetizer!
Here’s the recipe.
PEPPERONI PIZZA DIP
(Recipe adapted from Marie Padavich, my sister-in-law’s neighbor, Safety Harbor, FL)
- 8-oz. cream cheese softened,
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.prego.com/” target=”_blank” title=”prego sauce”]Prego [/url]spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce
- about ½ cup [url href=”http://armourmeats.com/product_categories/pepperoni” target=”_blank” title=”armour pepperoni”]Armour[/url] sliced pepperoni (enough to completely cover baking dish)
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped green bell peppers
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bagel Chips, crackers, or chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat together the cream cheese, sour cream, oregano, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Spread mixture into a 9-inch glass pie plate or torte dish.
- Spread spaghetti sauce or pizza sauce over top of the cream cheese layer.
- Layer pepperoni in pie plate so it completely covers the spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with green onions and green bell peppers.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top.
- Spread cheese evenly so it’s not in clumps.
- Return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes or so, until cheese melts.
- Serve with crackers or bagel chips.
Every bite of Pepperoni Pizza dip is so mouthwatering.
Make up a batch of Pepperoni Pizza Dip for your next party or social gathering.
Pepperoni Pizza Dip is the real deal. Don’t plan on having any leftovers after making a batch of this fantastic recipe.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $37.66Was: $42.50
Price: Check on Amazon