Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars are so much fun. I’m a funfetti and sprinkles girl. Really. I love bling on clothes and shoes and I certainly love it on food as well. 🙂 So anytime it’s in cakes, pies, cookies, pancakes or other desserts I’m all for it. Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars have plenty of funfetti sprinkles in the brownie part and then they’re sprinkled on top of the fudgy frosting as well. Drool. Sigh. So I’m all for ’em!
I made some goodies last month to take to my dentist’s office and my hair stylist, as well as giving some to John to take to friends. The cookie portion is half brownie-like and half cake-like in texture. The simple, fudgy frosting is so mouthwatering it makes this lovely cookie-bar incredibly special. If you’re a funfetti lover like I am, you too, will love these bars and find it difficult not licking all the icing off the sides of the baking dish after you remove them from the pan.
I made two double batches of this recipe and I was really glad I had someone else to give these to, or I might have eaten a LOT more than I should have! I do have a few suggestions if you’re making a double batch like I did: Add an additional stick of butter and an egg for the cookie portion so that the mixture isn’t too dry or crumbly. This will enable the ingredients to adhere together better and not fall apart after baking.
If you’re looking for a scrumptious brownie-type recipe, then Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars should be next on your list. You’ll enjoy the addition of funfetti to the cookie as well as the fudgy icing. These delicious cookies are great for your next party no matter what kind of party it is. If you have chocolate lovers in your family, be assured these jewels will be downed with a glass of milk in no time. You may even have to make a second batch like I did.
Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars are so fun and delightful to eat.
The fudge frosting makes these bars special.
If you dream of chocolate, fudge and funfetti, you’ll love Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter and place it in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, butter extract, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
Cream ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add funfetti sprinkles.
Mix ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Press ingredients into a greased 10×15″ glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
I used these ingredients to make the fudge frosting.
Place chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat. Add sweetened condensed milk.
Stir milk into chips and continue whisking until chocolate chips melt.
Once the chocolate chips melt completely and mixture is smooth, remove from heat. Add vanilla and stir into icing.
Spread fudge frosting quickly over top of the brownie layer. Sprinkle with funfetti and press down lightly with your hands to allow the funfetti to adhere to the fudge frosting.
Cut the brownies into bars to serve.
Don’t Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars look marvelous?
Here’s the recipe.
FUNFETTI COOKIE FUDGE BARS
(Recipe adapted from Crazy For Crust)
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 5 tsp.[url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank” title=”pure vanilla extract”] McCormick[/url] vanilla extract, divided use
- 1 tsp. [url href=”http://www.durkee.com/productsearch?type=key&key=Search+by+Keyword&x=60&y=20″ target=”_blank” title=”durkee coconut extract”]Durkee[/url] butter extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cream of tartar
- 4 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal [/url]UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 6.25-oz. jar [url href=”http://www.wilton.com/” target=”_blank” title=”wilton sprinkles”]Wilton[/url] Rainbow Jimmie Sprinkles
- Soften butter in mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, eggs, 4 tsp. vanilla, butter extract, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Add flour and 2/3 cup sprinkles.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spray a 10×15” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Press cookie mixture into prepared baking dish and press down well with your hand so ingredients will adhere well.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool bars completely.
- In a medium-sized saucepan over low to low-medium heat, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir or whisk continuously until chips melt.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Working very quickly, spread fudge frosting over top of cooled bars with a rubber spatula until you’ve covered the entire surface.
- Sprinkle remaining sprinkles over top of the fudge frosting and press them into the icing slightly to adhere to the surface of the fudge.
- Refrigerate a few hours before cutting into bars.
Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars are great treats for baby showers, tailgating parties or even holiday baking.
Funfetti Cookie Fudge Bars are so delectable you won’t be able to stop at one!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: Check on Amazon