Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins are exquisite. I so enjoy a delicious breakfast muffin. Quite frankly, I can eat them any time of the day–not merely breakfast. 🙂 Beautiful, festive and wonderful for holiday baking, although the ingredients are easy enough to purchase almost any time of the year. These delectable muffins are chocked full of fresh raspberries, lemon yogurt and lemon peel and have a lovely streusel topping that adds a nice touch.
A couple of weeks ago our church hosted a discipleship event for our youth. A group of ten or more stayed in several different homes for a weekend. I signed up to bring meals to a home hosted by a gal who comes to our Sunday school class. We worked together to provide some quick, easy, yet tasty meals for the girls she hosted. Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins was on the breakfast menu for Saturday along with Sausage Gravy and Biscuits and fruit. The girls loved these muffins and all the treats I sent there way.
The main change I make in most muffin recipes is to start the muffins at a much higher temperature. I bake them at 425 for 5 minutes–enough to allow the muffin batter to raise really high. Then I reduce the heat to 350 and cook the recipe the rest of the way so the muffins maintain that nice texture.
If you bake muffins at one solid temperature they usually don’t raise as well and fall after you take them out of the oven (especially if the temperature is 325 or 350). 🙁 Because my current oven is so much hotter than my previous oven, baked goods seem to cook much more quickly than before, so I do have to be careful of things burning at certain temperatures and in certain places in the oven. Make sure you set these muffin trays on the center rack so they cook evenly (not burning on the top or the bottom).
If you’re interested in a delicious breakfast muffin for the holidays or any country breakfast, give Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins a whirl. Your family is sure to love them and want you to make another batch as soon as possible. If you’re feeling generous, you may want to prepare a batch for your office staff or neighbors as well. Spread the Christmas cheer!
Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins are so delectable you won’t want to stop at just one!
These muffins puff up beautifully.
Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins should be on the top of your holiday breakfast menu.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. Driscoll’s are the best raspberries to purchase. They don’t tend to tear up as easily as other raspberries.
Combine UNBLEACHED all purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods), sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Place lemon yogurt, eggs, lemon peel and oil in a mixing bowl.
Whisk liquid ingredients until smooth.
Add liquid ingredients and raspberries to dry mixture.
Stir very gently and only until moistened. Don’t overstir or use a heavy hand or you’ll tear the raspberries.
Line muffin tins with paper liners. Spoon mixture into muffin liners filling a little more than three-fourths full.
To make streusel topping: I used these ingredients.
Combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over top of each muffin.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Lemon and raspberries makes these muffins tasty heavenly.
The sweet streusel topping adds even more depth of flavor.
Here’s the recipe.
RASPBERRY LEMON STREUSEL MUFFINS
(Recipe adapted from Taste of Home)
- 2 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 8-oz. container [url href=”http://www.chobani.com/” target=”_blank”]Chobani[/url] lemon Greek yogurt (or 1 ½ of the 5.3-oz. containers blended yogurt)
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated lemon peel
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 6-oz. container fresh [url href=”http://www.driscolls.com/” target=”_blank”]Driscoll[/url]raspberries[br]
- [b]STREUSEL TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup UNBLEACHED flour
- 2 tbsp. cold unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir well; set aside.
- Whisk yogurt, lemon peel, oil and eggs until smooth.
- Fold yogurt mixture and raspberries gently into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Mixture will be thick.
- Line about 16 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Spoon batter into muffin liners almost to the top.
- Top with Streusel topping.
- Bake at 425° about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. [br]
- Stir flour and sugar together.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
- Spoon approximately one tablespoon over top of each muffin.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and baking an additional 10-15 minutes or until done.
Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins are terrific. Prepare to get seriously addicted to these muffins.
Try these scrumptious muffins out for your next country breakfast.
Even though raspberries are a little tart, these muffins are plenty sweet. They’re sure to satisfy any sweet tooth craving you have.