M&M Toffee Brownies
M&M Toffee Brownies are nothing short of sensational! These delectable brownies have M&Ms, coconut, pecans, AND Heath Toffee Bits! Wow! Talk about to die for! These are truly drool-worthy! All that chocolate. All that toffee. All that coconut. All that sugar! Oh, yeah.
A few weeks ago I was looking for a way to use up some more M&Ms from my excess pantry storage. I’d already made M&M Cookie Bars a few weeks ago. Before Christmas I’d made the M&M Party Cookies. I was looking through my cookie recipes and came across my recipe for Chewy Chunky Brownies which I’d made prior to Christmas as well. I decided that brownies would be a great way to use up a surplus of M&Ms!
M&M Toffee Brownies are not too difficult to make either. If you buy chopped nuts you can have M&M Toffee Brownies ready to go in your oven in about 15 minutes or so. These brownies are great for special occasions or holiday baking.
They’re also wonderful to make just because. ….Just because you’re craving chocolate and your sweet tooth won’t be satisfied with anything less than this delicious sensory overload!
M&M Toffee Brownies are a wonderful dessert option for those of you IN NEED of another chocolate recipe. 🙂 The combination of chocolate, M&Ms, coconut, pecans, and Heath Toffee Bits is amazing. Chewy, chunky, sweet, rich, decadent, and hard to eat just one!
I first posted this recipe in April 2013. It was before I started using my Canon camera so the pictures were still taken with my iPhone. They were grainy, blurry, and unclear.
I recently remade these luscious brownies (February 2015) for our Super Bowl Party 2015. They were a tremendous hit. Who doesn’t enjoy M&M’s in brownie form? All our party-goers did. I also took some new pictures to update this post. I hope you’ll give M&M Toffee Brownies a try sometime soon.
M&M Toffee Brownies are fun to make!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter and put in large mixing bowl. Add brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Cream ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Place mixture in a 10×15″ glass baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle another cup of M&M’s over top of the batter.
Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Cut brownies into 32 servings.
I’m ready to eat one of these jewels right now — not to mention a handful of M&M’s, too!
M&M Toffee Brownies are thick and chewy with a little crunch from the Heath toffee bits and pecans.
I’m grateful I was giving most of these away or I would have gobbled all of them down myself! I loved the gooeyness of these brownies.
Here’s the recipe.
M&M TOFFEE BROWNIES
(Recipe inspired from my Chewy Chunky Brownies recipe)
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.mymms.com/” target=”_blank” title=”m&ms”]M&M[/url] candies, divided use
- 8-oz. bag [url href=”http://www.thehersheycompany.com/brands/heath/english-milk-chocolate-toffee-bits.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”heath english toffee bits”]Heath English toffee bits[/url]
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup coconut
- Mix butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in flour, 1 cup M&Ms, toffee bits, walnuts, and coconut.
- Spray a 10×15” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture into prepared dish.
- Sprinkle another cup of M&Ms onto the top of the dough.
- Bake about 40 minutes at 350°, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
These thick and gooey M&M Toffee Brownies are sure to be a hit with every one who samples them.
Fortunately, M&M Toffee Brownies are relatively easy to make so you can whip up a batch quickly for any occasion — even if you’re suffering from chocolate deprivation!
These are great for birthdays, tailgating parties, or any other special occasion.