White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies are adorable. I love finding great recipes off the back of boxes and especially chocolate chip packages! This fabulous recipe came from the back of a package of Kroger’s Private Selection White Chocolate Drops.
This decadent blondie is chocolate flavored since half of the white chocolate chips are melted and half are added to the batter. Then the blondie is filled with craisins, the remaining white chocolate drops and macadamia nuts. The original recipe calls for the macadamia nuts to be toasted although I didn’t bother with that because I needed these to be made in a jiffy!
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies are a spectacular recipe that you can prepare in about 15 minutes and bake in about 30. In an hour these delicious jewels are ready to serve! They are rich, sweet, and delightful. They’re also really easy and fairly quick without a lot of extra steps that a lot of blondies and brownies need to make them look so beautiful!
This is a great recipe to whip up for a quick dessert to take on a picnic or to a potluck or to give away to neighbors and friends. The trick is finding macadamia nuts. Whenever I see them on sale in the grocery stores I stock up so that I have them available for delicious recipes like this one. Treat yourself to this delicious blondie sometime soon.
When I initially posted this recipe in May 2013, I was not yet up to using my new Canon camera so I took these with an iPhone. They ended up not quite as clear and distinct as I would have liked. I have been going through all my first year recipes and remaking them so I can get better, more eye-appealing pictures. I recently remade these yummy goodies for a youth swim party at our house (June 2015). These were scarfed up really quickly!
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies are rich, decadent, delicious!
These blondies are really easy to throw together.
These tasty treats cut really easily and are great to pack off for picnics, gymnastics practice, or other places you want to bring along snacks! White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies have all the wonderful flavors you love! Craisins, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt the white chocolate chips with butter over low heat. You can cut the butter into several pieces to make everything melt more quickly if you prefer.
While chocolate melts, in a separate mixing bowl, place eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
Cream with an electric mixer.
Here the white chocolate chips and butter are melted and smooth. Add the white chocolate chip mixture to the other ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix with an electric mixer to combine.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add craisins, the remaining white chocolate drops and macadamia nuts.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking pan with cooking spray. Add blondie mixture and smooth the top.
Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely and cut the blondies into 24 pieces.
Don’t these look great? They taste really wonderful. White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies are great cookies to take to parties.
These blondies are sweet, chewy and crunchy.
Here’s the recipe.
WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY MACADAMIA BLONDIES
(Recipe adapted from Kroger’s Private Selection White Chocolate Drops)
- 11.5-oz bag Kroger Private Selection white chocolate drops
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4-oz. [url href=”http://www.diamondnuts.com/” target=”_blank”]Diamond[/url] macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped and toasted, if desired
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.oceanspray.com/” target=”_blank”]Ocean Spray[/url] craisins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with Baker’s Joy Cooking Spray.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt 1 cup of the white chocolate chips and the butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- Be careful not to have too high a temperature or the morsels will scorch.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Add melted chocolate mixture and beat with electric mixer one more time.
- Add UNBLEACHED flour, macadamia nuts, remaining white chocolate chips and craisins.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Spread batter evenly over prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool blondies completely in pan before cutting.
I’m ready to grab one of these delicious goodies right now!
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies are a treat your whole family will enjoy.
White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Blondies have lots of white chocolate drops, craisins and macadamia nuts in every bite. Oh, my! Better be careful sharing these or you won’t have any left!