Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
Gluten Free Living – 2014
Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes are wonderful along with being extremely easy to make. Buttermilk Pancakes have always been a favorite of ours and offering a gluten free version is great for those with gluten intolerance.
We love pancakes for breakfast and I have several gluten free versions including Chocolate Chip, Cinnamon Chip, Strawberry Banana, Peach, Blueberry, and Confetti Sugar Cookie for starters. Whether pancakes are cooked with fruit inside or a compote added on top, they’re all wonderful.
If you’re looking for a great pancake to make for holiday breakfasts, country breakfasts, or breakfast for dinner, Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes are quick, easy and delightful. Toss some fruit on top if you like, or serve plain with butter and maple syrup. This economical breakfast dish can be made on the spur of the moment any time you’re craving pancakes.
Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes are wonderful for breakfast.
If you want a gluten free pancake recipe, Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes are wonderful.
Every bite of Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes is delightful.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
I didn’t have buttermilk on hand so I made my own by adding a few tablespoons of vinegar to regular milk and allowed it to sit out on the counter for a few minutes until the milk thickened.
Place gluten free flour, an egg and oil in a mixing bowl.
Add soured milk or buttermilk.
Whisk to combine. Pamela’s gluten free baking and pancake mix uses almond meal which you can see in the little flecks in the batter.
Heat oil in skillet or griddle. Pour batter into skillet and bake until bubbles appear on the surface.
Turn pancake over and cook the other side. Repeat with all the pancake batter.
To serve, place pancakes on a plate. Drizzle maple syrup over top. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes are great for holiday breakfasts.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE BUTTERMILK PANCAKES
(My own concoction)
- 1 cup[url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank” title=”pamela’s baking and pancake mix”] Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake and Biscuit Mix[/url]
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. canola oil or coconut oil (plus more oil to fry the pancakes)
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- butter and Maple syrup
- Add vinegar to milk and allow to sit out on counter for 3-5 minutes, until milk curdles.
- Whisk pancake mix, egg, 1 tbsp. oil and soured milk until no lumps remain.
- Heat oil in skillet or griddle.
- Add pancake batter and cook about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Serve pancakes topped with butter, maple syrup and fruit if desired.
- Yield: 3 large pancakes.
Buttermilk Pancakes are a great starter for any kind of fruit-filled pancakes, too.
Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes served with maple syrup is a healthy clean-eating version. You can use coconut oil if you want to use a better quality oil in this recipe.