Peach Ice Cream Cookies
Peach Ice Cream Cookies are sensational. Oh my goodness! This dessert is clouds of joy in a cookie! Adding ice cream to cookies is amazing and I loved how my Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies turned out (breathtaking). So I thought I would try the same basic recipe with peaches instead of chocolate chips so I could use up the abundance of peaches coming in from our peach trees in the back yard. These cookies are flat out dreamy. I LOVED them.
If you were to ask yourself what’s the secret ingredient in this recipe, you wouldn’t realize it was ice cream until after I gave the clue away. Once you discover the clue then you realize what makes these cookies so spectacular. While I used plain vanilla ice cream (no low-fat or yogurt), a Snickerdoodle, Butter Pecan or even Peach ice cream would take this cookie up a notch to an even higher level.
Back in July our six back yard peach trees were putting out a pretty large harvest. I’m sure I could have made almost 150 different desserts with all of those peaches had I been so inclined or had the time. I had neither. 🙁 We had our house up for sale at the time and it would only be a week after I made this recipe that we would have to shut the kitchen down (for almost a month) and spend all available time packing, moving furniture to storage, and moving into our furnished rental house about a half hour away. I was able to make up about 20 desserts before I had to stop, but unfortunately most of our luscious peaches went to waste. I gave away a LOT of them, too!
Still, I had fun making so many delicious desserts and this one was one of my favorites. All of them turned out great this year, but there have to be a few favorites, you know. 🙂 I was handing out cookies, muffins and cakes right and left any time we had company during those few weeks. (No one refuses my desserts, let alone meals)! I packed almost everything up in the freezer and then would divvy it out as we had friends stop by or we were going to visit others. Those who helped us along the way, we dropped off little care packages of goodies to. It was a win-win for everyone!
Peach Ice Cream Cookies were a hit with everyone. I think you’ll find that to be the case in your family gatherings, too.
Peach Ice Cream Cookies are spectacular!
Peach Ice Cream Cookies are great for tailgating parties.
These cookies have lots of peaches providing such a delicious peachy taste, in addition to the secret ingredient of ice cream.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Melt butter in mixing bowl. Add sugars. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add egg, ice cream (don’t thaw it, scoop it right out of the frozen container), salt, baking soda and vanilla.
Cream with an electric mixer until smooth.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add peaches.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Scoop dough with a small cookie or ice cream scoop and place on waxed paper. Refrigerate at least one hour to chill dough.
Place cookie dough balls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes or until done.
Serve Peach Ice Cream Cookies with a glass of cold milk.
Every bite of Peach Ice Cream Cookies will have you salivating.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH ICE CREAM COOKIES
(Recipe inspired from my Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies)
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank”]Land O’ Lakes[/url]unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream or peach-flavored ice cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Extracts-and-Food-Colors/Extracts/Pure-Vanilla-Extract” target=”_blank”]McCormick[/url] pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 cups diced, peeled peaches
- Melt butter. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix with an electric mixer until combined. Add ice cream, egg, vanilla, baking soda and salt and mix again until smooth. Stir in flour and peaches. Scoop balls of dough onto a cookie sheet or baking dish covered with wax paper. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cookies approximately 2” apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until cookies start to turn golden brown around the edges. Cool completely.
We loved Peach Ice Cream Cookies and I believe you will too.
It’s easy to down a short stack of these amazing cookies in no time!