Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins
Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins are breathtaking. No kidding. Prepare yourself for an utterly divine recipe! They’re filled with peaches, walnuts, cinnamon chips, bananas and cinnamon. Then after baking they’re glazed with a cinnamon icing which adds even more outrageous flavor to these already heavenly muffins.
When our peaches were ready to harvest in July, I had to come up with all kinds of ways to use them up. I was giving away peach desserts every time I turned around. I made lots of muffins, cookies, and cakes. All different. All delightful. I love baking, and while I make more cookies and cakes then other types of desserts, I also enjoy making breads and muffins on occasion. Some of these goodies are sweeter than others depending on whether the breads or muffins are glazed or not. My personal choice is always to add a glaze or icing 🙂 but I do get that not everyone can eat all that sugar — especially if you have diabetes or hypoglycemia. So I have a little of both kinds posted on my blog. This lovely recipe, however, has plenty of sugar. Quite frankly, these muffins are addicting as well.
I highly recommend Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins for a holiday breakfast or anytime you want some delicious muffins for brunch. I made these muffins and gave them to some friends who recently had a baby. I prepared a dinner meal for them and then tossed these in for breakfast. They loved everything. I’m sure you’ll these muffins if you give them a chance, too.
Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins are so rich. They’re filled with sugar and cinnamon chips.
These scrumptious muffins are excellent for a holiday breakfast.
If you enjoy an ooey, gooey muffin for breakfast, then put Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins on your menu!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, sugar, mashed bananas, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add peaches, walnuts and cinnamon chips. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Spoon batter into the muffin tins to the top. Sprinkle additional cinnamon chips on top of each muffin. Press cinnamon chips very lightly into the batter.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool.
Meanwhile, making cinnamon glaze: place vanilla, cinnamon, cream and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl.
Whisk ingredients until smooth.
Drizzle glaze over top of muffins.
Serve with your favorite breakfast menu.
Cinnamon chips add such a burst of flavor.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH CINNAMON ROLL MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 1 stick Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3 large)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup Hershey’s cinnamon chips, plus more to sprinkle on top
- 2 cups diced, peeled peaches[br]
- [b]CINNAMON GLAZE:[/b][br]
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. heavy whipping cream or half-and-half
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Soften butter.
- Add to mixing bowl with sugar, eggs, bananas, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, chopped nuts, peaches and cinnamon chips and stir just until moistened.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Divide batter between tins and fill almost to the top.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon chips on top of each muffin in pan.
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and bake at 350° for about 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Ice with Cinnamon Glaze. [br]
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough cream to make of spreading consistency.
- Drizzle icing over cooled muffins.
Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins are excellent for a special occasion brunch.
These sensational muffins will have you drooling in no time.
Don’t Peach Cinnamon Roll Muffins look marvelous?