Peach and Pecan Muffins are absolutely lovely. Okay, I admit that I love muffins. Actually I like them even better than cupcakes because I enjoy the denser texture (although cupcakes certainly have their place!). Peach and Pecan Muffins have lovely texture due to the peaches and pecans in the batter, but they also have sour cream so they stay moist and delicious.
I was concocting recipes on the fly last month when our peaches were coming in and this was one of those delicious recipes I whipped up to try to use all that fruit. I ended up giving them out as samples to several people who were at the house that day and without exception, everyone loved them! The nice thing about Peach and Pecan Muffins is they’re really simple to make–especially if you buy really large freestone peaches. It won’t take too many of those extra large peaches to get the amount needed for these muffins.
A couple of suggestions when making muffins….don’t overstir your batter. That will cause the muffins to toughen up. Also, start the muffins at a very high temperature – 425! Bake 5 minutes at 425 to get the batter to raise, and then turn the oven down to 350 for the remaining baking time – usually 15-20 more minutes. The muffins will usually puff up nicely and not fall flat, like they may if you keep a steady 350 temperature.
If you enjoy peaches, Peach and Pecan Muffins make a delightful breakfast item, especially in late summer and early fall when peaches are easily available. In fact, you can make them for breakfast or dessert! No one will mind. 🙂
Peach and Pecan Muffins are delightful for a summer breakfast.
Adding pecans on top of the batter provides a nice crunch to the muffins.
Peach and Pecan Muffins are a great way to use up overripe peaches!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, eggs, sour cream, baking soda and vanilla.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour, peaches and pecans and stir just until moistened.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Scoop muffin batter into prepared tins and top with a couple of tablespoonfuls of chopped pecans. Press pecans into batter slightly.
Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Peach and Pecan Muffins are very simple to make but have delicious flavor. I made these ones without cinnamon so that the peaches were the strongest flavoring in the muffin.
Serve Peach and Pecan Muffins for breakfast or dessert!
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH AND PECAN MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened (preferred, I used salted butter because that’s all I had)
- 2 cups diced, peeled peaches
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, plus more pecans for the top of each muffin
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix sugar, baking soda, vanilla, sour cream, eggs and butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, peaches and pecans.
- Stir just until moistened.
- Spoon muffin batter into greased or sprayed muffin tins until almost full.
- Sprinkle more chopped pecans over top of each muffin in pans.
- Press pecans slightly into batter.
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
These are so easy to make up, you’ll want to make them often!
Peach and Pecan Muffins are great to take to any brunch, baby shower or other potluck function.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find this post helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $279.95Was: $429.99