Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Gluten Free Living – 2023
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies are sensational! Or in the words of one of our neighbors who sampled them, “They’re to die for!” These rich, decadent brownies are heavenly. No kidding. They’re fudgy, chocolaty, and minty! I used Walmart’s Mint Fudge-Flavored Baking Chunks in the batter. (Think Andes Mints). Yeah, they were awesome indeed!
I made four different kinds of gluten free treats for Christmas last year–especially for our gluten free neighbors and friends. They were all so thrilled to get baked goods that they could actually eat. I told everyone that they could freeze some of the treats and then pull them out of the freezer when they were ready for them – so they wouldn’t gorge, or the treats go stale. 🙂
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies start with my favorite vintage Brownie recipe. I’ve used this recipe in so many variations over the past four decades. For this one, I added the mint fudge-flavored baking chunks and swapped out the flour for Cup4Cup–a gluten free flour that’s one of my favorites for baking.
While I made this recipe gluten free, you don’t need to. It’s just as good with regular flour. I have found that these brownies are a little easier to cut if I refrigerate them first. But if you don’t mind them a little messy, they are good straight out of the pan too. 🙂 Enjoy.
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies are outstanding!
These brownies are rich, decadent and heavenly!
I actually doubled my icing recipe so they are even richer than normal!
I used Walmart’s mint fudge-flavored baking chunks in the batter.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the brownies.
Add cocoa and stir well.
Add eggs and granulated sugar. Stir well.
Add gluten free flour (I used Cup4Cup), walnuts and Walmart’s Mint Fudge-Flavored Baking Chunks.
This is what the package looks like. The baking chunks are actually in the shape of diamonds.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Spread brownie batter into a greased 9×13″ glass baking dish.
Sprinkle remaining mint fudge-flavored baking chunks over top of the brownie batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
I used these ingredients for the icing; although I doubled the recipe so I used twice as much butter.
Place butter and cocoa in a small saucepan over low heat.
Melt the butter and continue stirring continuously. Remove from heat once butter is melted.
Add powdered sugar, salt and vanilla.
Add half-and-half cream.
Whisk and stir ingredients until smooth and no lumps remain from the powdered sugar.
Pour the fudge sauce (icing) immediately over top of the brownies as soon as they come out of the oven. Try to spread the batter as evenly and as quickly as possible before the fudge hardens and sets up too much.
The icing will harden and set up in a few minutes.
To make the brownies easier to cut, I usually refrigerate them a few hours.
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies are fantastic for tailgating parties and potlucks.
Whether you make this recipe with gluten free flour or regular flour, they turn out wonderfully every time.
If you want to cure your sweet tooth cravings, these brownies will do it fast!
The fudgy icing is perfect for these brownies.
Here’s the recipe.
GLUTEN FREE MINT CHOCOLATE FUDGE BROWNIES
(My own concoction)
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 small saucepan to make the fudge icing
- 1 whisk
- 1 nut chopper if your nuts are not already chopped
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups butter melted (2 1/2 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour (I used Cup4Cup) or use regular flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped (measure after chopping)
- 20 oz. bag Mint Fudge Flavored Baking Chunks (like Andes Mints) (two 10-ounce bags)
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 dash sea salt
- 6 tbsp. half-and-half or whole milk
- Melt butter in mixing bowl.
- Add cocoa and stir or whisk.
- Add eggs and granulated sugar and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in flour, nuts and 1 ½ bags of the mint fudge flavored baking chunks.
- Grease and flour a 9×13" baking dish.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ bag of mint fudge flavored baking chunks on top.
- Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Spread Chocolate Fudge icing over top of brownies as soon as they come out of the oven.
- Allow brownies to cool about 15-20 minutes before cutting or storing.
- Cook butter and cocoa in small sauce pan for 1-2 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from burner.
- Add powdered sugar and half-and-half and whisk to combine.
- Then add a dash of salt and vanilla.
- Spread fudge icing over brownies working quickly so frosting stays smooth and doesn’t harden too fast.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
The mint lightly flavors these brownies. It’s not an overpowering combination by any means.
Walnuts add a nice crunchiness to the brownies.
Gluten Free Mint Chocolate Fudge Brownies are marvelous for gluten free family and friends.
You’ll never be able to tell these treats are gluten free. Prepare yourself for a gastronomical delight!