Roasted New Potato Salad
Gluten Free Living – 2023
I absolutely LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this amazing Roasted New Potato Salad recipe. Oh my. It has bacon, Ranch Dressing, green onions and the potatoes are roasted instead of boiled for the recipe. That adds additional savoriness in my opinion. It’s just one of those recipes that’s good, good, good down to the last bite.
Back in September, we joined two other families in our community and had lunch together on Saturday afternoon. The host home served BBQ Brisket from one of the local eateries. I brought my favorite Chopped Greek Salad and Mint Chocolate Fudge Cookies. The other couple made this Southern Living Roasted New Potato Salad recipe. It was so delicious that I ate two large helpings. No kidding.
I asked for the recipe and planned to make it for company later that month. Unfortunately, that didn’t work out but I had already purchased all the ingredients. So I asked John to grill up some hamburgers and made this Potato Salad to go with it. Yum, yum, yum.
This is a fantastic side dish any time you’re grilling out with friends…..any time you want to serve BBQ…..or any time you’re celebrating summer holidays like Memorial Day or Fourth of July. It goes with just about any kind of grilled meat and everyone’s gonna love it. And, of course, bacon makes everything better. ‘Nuff said.
Roasted New Potato Salad is fantastic!
The combination of flavors in this recipe is outstanding.
It’s perfect with hamburgers, BBQ Brisket or and grilled meat.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Pour olive oil into a mixing bowl.
Add new potatoes.
Add garlic, sweet onion, salt and pepper.
Stir ingredients to coat well.
Line a large cookie sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread the potato mixture evenly over top of the parchment paper.
Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes until fork tender.
Transfer roasted potatoes to a mixing bowl.
While potatoes are roasting, fry bacon.
Fry bacon until crisp but not scorched! Transfer to paper towel-lined plate to drain Then crumble the bacon into small pieces. Set aside.
While potatoes are roasting, also dice green onions. Set aside.
To the mixing bowl with the roasted potatoes, add: mayonnaise (I used Hellmann’s with olive oil), green onions, crumbled, cooked bacon and Ranch Dressing.
Stir ingredients to combine. Serve immediately or cover with lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Roasted New Potato Salad is wonderful served with hamburgers and fresh fruit.
This is one of the best Potato Salad recipes I’ve ever eaten. Ranch Dressing makes it special.
The combination of Ranch Dressing, bacon and green onions really enhances the flavor of this tasty potato salad.
Here’s the recipe.
ROASTED NEW POTATO SALAD
Roasted New Potato Salad
- 1 large cookie sheet pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 sharp knife for cutting vegetables
- 1 skillet for frying bacon
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- parchment paper
- 1 spatula
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. small red potatoes diced
- 1/2 medium-sized sweet onion chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 to 1 tsp. coarse sea salt or as desired
- 1/3 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 8 to 10 slices bacon crisp cooked and crumbled (I used 12 ounces)
- 1 bunch green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup prepared lite Ranch dressing (I used Kraft Deluxe Ultimate Ranch Dressing)
- 1/4 cup lite mayonnaise (I used Hellmann's olive oil mayonnaise)
- Pour olive oil into a mixing bowl.
- Add potatoes, sweet onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Toss ingredients to coat.
- Line a 11×17” jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- Arrange potato mixture in a single layer on parchment paper-lined 11×17” jellyroll pan.
- Bake at 425º for 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir occasionally while baking.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Transfer potatoes to a large salad bowl.
- Toss potatoes with crumbled, cooked, bacon, green onions, Ranch dressing and mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, as desired. (See note below).
- Serve immediately, or cover with lid and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Bacon and Ranch Dressing makes Roasted New Potato Salad even better!
This salad is the perfect side dish for company dinners too.
Every forkful will amaze you.