Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner
Gluten Free Living – 2023
Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner is one of those lip-smacking main dishes I truly enjoy. I am always on the look out for healthy main dish ideas (especially with beef–my weakness). I had been thinking about making a simple Pot Roast recipe but adding green beans and butternut squash to provide a little variety. I also included garlic, herbs and celery to round out this one-dish meal.
Follow Me On Instagram!
Back in March, I found myself craving a pot roast dinner. I had several beef roasts in my freezer and needed to start using them up. I came up with this easy slow cooker recipe. Everything is tossed into the crockpot and then the green beans are added last (since they don’t take as long to cook). I was really pleased with how this tasty one-dish dinner turned out. I thought about making gravy, but decided against it and just used the broth from the beef and vegetables cooking down instead.
Everything was delicious and just super easy. While I used dried herbs for this recipe, if you have fresh you can easily swap out the dried for fresh herbs. This is kind of one of those layered casseroles. I just placed everything in one of those rectangular crock pots and let it go to work!
Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner is a healthy main dish entree for those who have a beef obsession (like me) but also want plenty of vegetables to go along with it–and don’t want a thousand calorie dinner, to boot! Enjoy.
Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner is so easy to toss together since the ingredients are layered in the crock pot.
My regular Pot Roast recipe includes potatoes and carrots. This one has celery, onions, butternut squash, and green beans as well. So delicious.
The herbs add so much flavor so you don’t need quite as much salt and pepper.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place beef rump roast in crockpot. Add one cup of water, seasonings and garlic. Cook on low for about 3 hours.
Add vegetables around the beef rump roast.
Season with additional herbs, if desired.
Add another cup of water. Cook on low about one and a half to two more hours. The vegetables should NOT be cooked all the way through.
Add green beans. Check seasonings. Sprinkle with additional salt, pepper and herbs, if desired. Cook an additional 45 minutes to an hour until beans are done.
I really enjoyed having butternut squash and green beans with this pot roast dinner.
The herbs made the meal really tasty and flavorful.
While you can make gravy from the drippings in the crockpot if you desire, I decided to eat the roast without all those extra calories!
Here’s the recipe.
GARLIC HERB POT ROAST DINNER
(My own concoction)
Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner
- 1 rectangular crockpot preferred, or regular crock pot
- 1 vegetable peeler
- 1 sharp knife to cut vegetables
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 two-pronged fork to serve
- 1 electric knife or carving knife, to slice meat
- 3 lb. beef rump roast
- 6 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled, and sliced in half lengthwise
- 20 baby carrots
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large sweet onion peeled, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 ribs celery cut in one-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 12 oz. pkg. fine green beans
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried chives
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups water or as needed
- Place rump roast in a crockpot with about one cup water.
- Add garlic and seasonings.
- Cook on low for about three hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, onions and celery.
- Add another cup of water.
- Add more seasonings if desired.
- Cook another hour and thirty minutes on low, until the vegetables are almost tender but not overcooked or mushy.
- Add green beans.
- Check seasonings.
- Add more if necessary.
- Heat through another 45-60 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Drizzle broth from the crockpot over top of vegetables and meat, if desired.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Garlic Herb Pot Roast Dinner is healthy, low calorie and gluten free.
This is “almost” one of those “fix it and forget it” meals!
If you’re a “meat and potatoes” guy or gal, you’ll love this tasty entree.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
Golden Mushroom Soup Pot Roast
May 16, 2023 at 3:23 am
It’s great that you didn’t wait to tell everyone about this recipe because the dish looks delicious and I love it.
May 16, 2023 at 11:05 am
It is a delicious recipe.