Pear Cinnamon Blondies
I pulled out one of my favorite recipes and modified it to make these luscious Pear Cinnamon Blondies. These ultra-rich blondies include bananas and pears in the batter to keep them moist. They have Cinnamon Chips and walnuts to add rich flavor and texture. The browned butter icing is to die for. Add more Cinnamon Chips on top and you have an extremely rich, decadent heavenly blondie that everyone will want to take a bite of!
We had a neighbor do us a real service a month or two ago. I wanted to show my thanks by making up some delicious baked goods for him and his wife. I had all these pears sitting in my refrigerator after making up Pear Squares, so I thought I would toss together this recipe. I added walnuts and Cinnamon Chips to my original recipe and then slathered them with a rich Browned Butter Icing. I shared part of the goodies with new neighbors who were moving in behind us at the same time.
He loved the recipe and told me he tried to make his own version. But it wasn’t quite the same. Then he realized I browned the butter for both the batter and the icing. Anyway, now he can make this recipe anytime he wants it. He prefers to have a sweet with his coffee in the mornings. John later found out he is partial to Peanut Butter. So I took him a pan of Peanut Butter Brownies this past week and told him I have several jars of crunchy peanut butter in my pantry that need to be used up so he will be seeing more Peanut Butter goodies over the next few months!
If you’ve never made any goodies with pears, I can’t recommend them highly enough. I’ve made muffins, salads, soups, oatmeal, side dishes, cakes, pies, cobblers–all kinds of blondies and they always turn out fantastic. Any recipe that you make with peaches can be made with pears equally well!
Pear Cinnamon Blondies are spectacular. But be warned! These blondies are very, very sweet. A little goes a very long way! Enjoy.
Pear Cinnamon Blondies are outrageously good!
These lovely blondies are incredibly rich.
If you enjoy pears, this is a fantastic dessert to make with them. It’s a little more involved than some recipes, but the outcome is spectacular!
The cinnamon Chips are what add so much extra sugar and sweetness to the recipe. They’re included in the blondie as well as the icing!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the blondies.
Place salted butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
Stir constantly until mixture becomes lightly browned.
This will take between 5 to 10 minutes.
Transfer browned butter mixture to a mixing bowl.
Add brown sugar.
Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. ALLOW MIXTURE TO COOL FIVE MINUTES!
Meanwhile, mash bananas on a plate with a fork.
If the mixture has cooled completely, add mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla extract and salt.
Mix ingredients again with an electric mixer until smooth.
Stir in flour (I use UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour because bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add peeled, diced pears, walnuts and cinnamon chips.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spoon mixture into a greased 9×13″ glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. COOL BLONDIES COMPLETELY BEFORE ADDING ICING.
I used these ingredients to make the icing.
Melt butter in medium sauce pan over low to medium heat.
Stir butter continuously until completely melted.
Add brown sugar, cinnamon and half-and-half.
Bring ingredients to a boil; then remove from heat. COOL FIVE MINUTES!
Add powdered sugar.
Whisk until no lumps remain.
Spread immediately over top of COOLED blondies.
Sprinkle remaining cinnamon chips on top of hot icing. Press chips slightly into icing to adhere.
These festive and elegant Pear Cinnamon Blondies are perfect for potlucks, holidays or backyard barbecues.
Every bite will rock your world!
These rich blondies are filled with pears and walnuts maximizing the flavor and texture.
If you enjoy cinnamon-flavored desserts, this recipe is for you!
Here’s the recipe.
PEAR CINNAMON BLONDIES
(My own concoction)
Pear Cinnamon Blondies
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 2 medium sauce pans
- 1 whisk
- 2 wooden spoons
- 1 large mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 sharp knife to peel and dice pears
- 1 nut chopper if nuts are not previously chopped
- 2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup salted butter melted and browned (2 sticks)
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract (tablespoon NOT teaspoon)
- 1 cup ripe bananas mashed with a fork
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups pears peeled and diced
- 10 oz. pkg. cinnamon chips
- 1 cup walnuts chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp. whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
- To brown the butter: Place butter in saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring constantly until lightly browned.
- This may take five or ten minutes.
- Once butter has browned, place browned butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add brown sugar and mix thoroughly with an electric mixer.
- Allow mixture to cool about five minutes.
- Meanwhile, place bananas on a plate and mash with a fork; set aside.
- If the mixture still has not cooled sufficiently, wait a few more minutes before adding eggs, vanilla, mashed bananas and salt.
- (So the egg doesn’t scramble!).
- Mix again with electric mixer until thoroughly mixed.
- Stir in flour, pears, cinnamon chips and walnuts.
- Stir mixture until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for about 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow blondies to cool completely before icing with Cinnamon icing.
- Melt butter over medium heat in medium-sized saucepan.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon and half-and-half and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool icing 5 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar and whisk until smooth.
- This may take three to five minutes to get all the lumps out.
- Spread icing mixture over cooled blondies.
- Sprinkle top of icing with cinnamon chips as evenly as possible.
- Press cinnamon chips lightly into the icing to adhere.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Pear Cinnamon Blondies are great for tailgating parties.
If you enjoy a sweet treat with your coffee in the morning, these blondies are fantastic!
Pear Cinnamon Blondies are so rich you probably won’t be able to eat more than one blondie at a time!
We shared these jewels with our neighbors and they loved them!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!