Almond Fudge Shortbread
Almond Fudge Shortbread is a scrumptious, heavenly dessert in my opinion. The shortbread is mixed and baked first. Then it’s topped with a mixture of melted chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and almond flavoring. Yes, it’s completely yummy! Then sliced almonds are sprinkled on top and patted gently into the fudge sauce. Yes, we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED these delicious cookies.
I had a friend who had foot surgery back in June. I offered to bring her a meal, and then ended up bringing her two! The first one included Ravioli Lasagna, Rapid Rise Italian Herb Bread, Pineapple Chiffon Salad, Blueberry Almond Blondies and some Pineapple Macadamia Muffins for breakfast. The second meal, I made a Slow Cooker Beef Stew, my homemade Easy No-Knead Dinner Rolls, Church Jello and this Almond Fudge Shortbread. They loved the meals, and I have to admit I loved this Almond Fudge Shortbread recipe!
Even though this recipe is in done in two different stages, it’s still a lot easier than many dessert recipes. And the taste is rich, decadent and so wonderfully chocolaty! This is a great cookie for tailgating parties, potlucks, backyard barbecues and even holiday baking. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed.
Almond Fudge Shortbread is a winner, in my opinion.
Every bite is so drool-worthy!
Almond Fudge Shortbread is fabulous for tailgating parties.
Wow your family and friends with this delicious dessert!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Measure powdered sugar, salt and softened butter into a mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
Add unbleached flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods.
Add flour and stir until very well blended. This will take 2-3 minutes of vigorous beating.
Pat shortbread mixture into a greased 9×13″ glass baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
About 5 minutes before shortbread is finished baking, put chocolate chips in a small sauce pan. Add sweetened condensed milk. Melt chips over low heat stirring continuously.
Stir to combine and mixture is melted – about 8-10 minutes.
Once mixture is melted, remove from heat. Add almond extract.
Stir mixture again until almond extract is well incorporated.
Spread fudge mixture evenly over top of shortbread.
Sprinkle sliced almonds evenly over top of fudge topping. Press down gently with finger tips so almonds adhere to the fudge topping.
Refrigerate before cutting the shortbread into bars.
Almond Fudge Shortbread is delightful to bring to backyard barbecues and potlucks.
I usually keep these bars refrigerated until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers, too.
You’ll be swooning over every bite of these delicious treats.
Here’s the recipe.
ALMOND FUDGE SHORTBREAD
(Recipe adapted from Cooks Recipes)
Almond Fudge Shortbread
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 2 wooden spoons
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 small sauce pan
- 1 spreading spatula or icing spreader
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds toasted
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, powdered sugar and salt in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add flour; stir very well until extremely well blended.
- This will take 2-3 minutes of vigorous stirring/beating with a wooden spoon.
- Press evenly into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Shortly before end of baking time, melt chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until chips are melted.
- This will take about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in almond extract.
- Spread chocolate mixture evenly over baked shortbread.
- Sprinkle with almonds; press down firmly.
- Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm.
- Cut into bars; store refrigerated.
Almond Fudge Shortbread is excellent for holiday baking and Christmas Cookie Exchanges too!
Chocolate lover’s will inhale this decadent dessert!
While you may not eat this many at once sitting, they’re THAT good!
Almond Fudge Shortbread is irresistible!