Black and White Cookie S’Mores are awesome. Who doesn’t love a S’Mores cookie? Well this one is certainly sensational. Chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips sandwiched between a marshmallow creme filling. Oh, my, simply divine! These rich, decadent cookies are a fabulous treat. I warn you in advance that Black and White Cookie S’mores are gooey, and can be messy. But they are still one amazing cookie.
A few years ago Paula Deen came out with her Chocolate Celebration magazine. Wow! It has so many delicious-looking recipes in it. I’ve tried several. I don’t think I’ve ever tried anything Paula has made that didn’t turn out fabulous.
In 2010 we used a couple of her recipes as part of our massive 5,000 Christmas cookies we bake every year to give to friends, family, co-workers, etc. This was one of those recipes we tried and got rave reviews back from those who were fortunate enough to get one of our cookie baskets that year.
This is a wonderful addition to your cookie collection but let me emphasize my note at the bottom of the page. Don’t spread more than about 1 teaspoon of marshmallow creme on each cookie or it will ooze out of the cookies too much and make a mess.
I’ve provided pictures of both so you can see what they look like with too much filling and without. Then again….if you prefer eating them gooey, then stick to the recipe! One of the things about working with marshmallow creme is that it tends to soften and melt after it’s been on the cookie a few minutes. You may think you didn’t put on that much marshmallow creme until 5 minutes later when it’s spread out considerably!
Don’t you love all the marshmallow creme drooling out of the middle? Yes, Black and White Cookie S’Mores are ooey, gooey, and wonderful!
These decadent S’Mores cookies are filled with marshmallow creme. Yes, gooey marshmallow creme dripped everywhere! Intoxicating!
I tried not to put too much marshmallow creme between the cookies, but I ended up scraping off some of it anyway! Black and White Cookie S’Mores are a fun and delicious cookie you’re whole family will enjoy!
Here’s what I did.
Chop up the sweetened chocolate. Place in a saucepan and melt over low heat. Add butter and melt with chocolate.
Stir chocolate sauce until smooth.
In a large mixing bowl pour sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
Combine chocolate sauce with other ingredients in mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add graham cracker crumbs and white chocolate chips. It’s really hard to find true white chocolate chips anywhere around the Metroplex. Kroger is the only grocery chain that carries white chocolate chips regularly. Most grocery stores only carry white (vanilla) chips which are NOT the same thing. They have NO cocoa in their ingredients.
Stir ingredients to combine. Chill dough at least an hour. I chilled mine longer.
Roll cookie dough into balls and place on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
Bake about 12-14 minutes or until done. I baked mine a little longer.
Spread cookie with marshmallow creme. This is really too much. It will ooze out all over the place. Start with about one-half to two-thirds this amount.
Top the cookie with another one shaped almost identically to the one you spread the marshmallow creme on. While this one might not look like the marshmallow creme is too thick it will soften more and ooze out.
Don’t try to fill these cookies like whoopee pies or you will have a great mess on your hands. Just a little dab will do ya!
Here is the recipe.
BLACK AND WHITE COOKIE S’MORES
- ¾ cup butter
- 12 (1-oz) squares semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ¾ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ¾ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 cups white-chocolate morsels
- 7-oz. jar marshmallow crème
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter and semisweet chocolate.
- Melt over low heat and stir until sauce is smooth.
- Let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour, graham cracker crumbs and white-chocolate morsels.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325˚.
- Roll dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place about 3 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until edges of cookies are dry.
- Cool completely.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons marshmallow crème on the flat side of half of the cookies.
- Cover with the flat side of remaining cookies.
- Choose cookies that are as close to the same shape and size as possible.
Even though these cookies are gooey, everyone we have served these to have loved them!
If you put too much marshmallow creme between the cookies the top starts to slide off the rest of the cookie! Wouldn’t you just love a bite of these amazing cookies right now? Black and White Cookie S’Mores are irresistible!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $17.47Was: $18.99