Hershey’s S’Mores Bars are so incredibly sensational, that they are one of the most addictive desserts I make. No kidding. These are not simply ooey, gooey and delicious but so rich and decadent that you will only be able to eat a very small serving at a time because they have such a high sugar content. Yes, they’re heaven. 🙂
I made this fabulous recipe for our church “hootenanny” last Sunday with several hundred people present. Everyone raved about this delicious bar! I had people coming up to me I had never met before telling me how much they enjoyed this wonderful dessert.
The graham cracker crust is filled with Hershey’s chocolate bars and marshmallow creme. It is mouthwatering, decadent, delicious, and need I say, fattening?
Strike the calories! Oh, well! This recipe is a scrumptious take on the traditional S’Mores with graham crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows. We love this recipe and think your family will enjoy it too.
I would recommend cooling this dessert in the refrigerator or freezer before cutting since it is rather gooey with the marshmallow creme. But after you cut the bars it is probably more enjoyable to eat these bars at room temperature.
Hershey’s S’Mores Bars are a rich, decadent dessert that’s really close to the traditional American favorite. It’s certainly a brownie you should try as soon as possible.
When I initially posted this recipe in October 2012, I was still using an inferior iPhone 3 for a camera. While my pictures showed all the gooeyness of the recipe, they were not very clear and also darker than I would have liked.
I recently remade this recipe (August 2016) for friends when we visited them in Florida. They moved from our church (and neighborhood) in July and I thought they would enjoy these bars. Did they ever! I saved a couple for me and stuck them in the freezer to eat when we got back.
Yes, I gorged on them as well. I love these treats. I guarantee if you serve them at any party or potluck EVERYONE will be raving about them. Yes, indeed, they are that good.
I’m drooling for a bite of Hershey’s S’Mores Bars!
Hershey’s S’Mores Bars are delicious chocolaty treats.
This lovely dessert is so rich and decadent. You will love every bite, just like we did!
Time to eat and enjoy!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Soften butter. Add brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
Mix ingredients together with a mixer until smooth.
Add flour. I only use UNBLEACHED all purpose flour in recipes for cakes and cookies because bleached flour toughens baked goods. This is due to the bleaching agents used during processing and the extremely high temperatures used in the process. Add graham crackers and stir together. I do not mix recipes with a mixer at this point because it will toughen cakes, cookies and baked goods.
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread half of the graham cracker dough into the bottom of the sprayed 9×13″ baking dish. Press crumbs down with your hand so crumbs adhere together.
Fit three giant chocolate bars into baking dish. This is what my coverage looked like.
Cover chocolate bars with marshmallow creme. This is more than the original recipe called for. It was good!
Crumble remaining graham cracker mixture over top of the marshmallow creme.
Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 until lightly browned. Test with a toothpick if necessary, but you can see from this picture that it is done.
If you love chocolate you’ll love this dessert.
Every bite of Hershey’s S’Mores Bars will have you drooling!
Here’s the recipe.
HERSHEY’S S’MORES BARS
(Recipe originally adapted from the “Smore’s Cookies” recipe from LaDolcebellas at Dishing Cupcakes. This food blog and website is now defunct.)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED flour
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”https://www.keebler.com/en_US/products/keebler-graham-cracker-crumbs-product.html” target=”_blank”]Keebler graham cracker crumbs[/url]
- 2 heaping teaspoons baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- [url href=”http://www.hersheysstore.com/product/hersheys-milk-chocolate-bars-36-ct-box” target=”_blank”]3 giant Hershey’s milk chocolate bars[/url]
- 14-oz. container [url href=”http://www.kraftrecipes.com/products/jet-puffed-marshmallow-creme-13-830.aspx” target=”_blank”]marshmallow crème or fluff[/url]
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars, eggs, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in flour and graham cracker crumbs.
- Divide dough in half and press half of the dough into the prepared baking dish.
- Place chocolate bars over dough to fit it in a single layer.
- Spread chocolate with marshmallow crème or fluff.
- DO NOT USE MARSHMALLOWS!
- Sprinkle remaining dough over top of the fluff.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Wow! Don’t Hershey’s S’Mores Bars look fabulous!
If you’re looking for a wonderful S’Mores recipe, then you need to try Hershey’s S’Mores Bars. Yum.
I love ooey, gooey desserts and this one fits the bill!