These Luscious S’Mores Bars are S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R! They have a delicious graham cracker crust and topping, and inside they are filled with Hershey’s chocolate bars and marshmallow creme. Talk about heavenly. These Luscious S’Mores Bars have it all–texture, taste–they are a comfort food extraordinaire! Last summer I saw a picture of this delicious looking dessert and knew it would taste superb. I wasn’t wrong.
It’s going on ten months now and I FINALLY got around to making this scrumptious recipe. I actually took a batch of these with me to our neighbor’s 55th birthday celebration and all of the bars were wolfed down in no time. I probably should have doubled the recipe. I can’t say enough about how gooey, decadent, and sinfully rich these Luscious S’Mores Bars were. For those of you who allow yourselves dessert every now and then you’ve GOT to try this recipe!
The really great thing about Luscious S’Mores Bars is that they are quick and easy to make, too! The crust ingredients only take about 5 minutes to make up and then all you do is fit the Hershey’s bars into the pan, cover the chocolate bars with marshmallow creme, and then flatten the graham cracker dough into your hand and place it on top of the marshmallow creme.
In less than an hour you have a perfectly wonderful dessert your whole family will enjoy–along with any neighbors or company that may have stopped by!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy S’Mores recipe that is true to the fabulous taste of regular S’Mores this recipe will do it. It’s even better than regular S’Mores in my opinion! Sit down with a plate of these tasty treats and you will find you’ve eaten one….two….uh, oh, the whole plate is gone!
Luscious S’Mores Bars are aptly named. They truly are luscious!
Lots of marshmallow creme oozes out of these fabulous bars.
I think these S’Mores bars are better than the traditional S’Mores bars! Each bite is filled with chocolate and marshmallow creme. Oh, yum!
This is the other side of the bar so you can see they really do have chocolate! The marshmallow creme covered up all the chocolate in the other pictures.
Here’s what I did.
Soften butter and place in mixing bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
Cream with an electric mixer to combine.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add graham cracker crumbs.
Stir to combine.
Spray a 9″ square baking dish with Baker’s Joy cooking spray. Spread half of the graham cracker mixture into bottom of pan and press down firmly.
Fit chocolate bars into pan overlapping where necessary to get good coverage.
Spread marshmallow creme over top of the chocolate bars.
With remaining graham cracker mixture take a handful and flatten it out between your hands. Fit the graham cracker mixture over top of the marshmallow creme to cover well.
Bake at 350 about 30-35 minutes until done.
Luscious S’Mores Bars have a wonderful graham cracker crust and topping with lots of Hershey’s Chocolate bars and marshmallow creme sandwiched in between. Oh, my.
What a heavenly dessert! Doesn’t this dessert look marvelous? This great S’Mores bar recipe is one of the best!
Lots of ooey, gooey chocolately goodness — not to mention marshmallow goodness! Luscious S’Mores Bars are to die for!
Here’s the recipe.
LUSCIOUS S’MORES BARS
(Recipe adapted from Appleton Desserts which is no longer a viable food blog.)
- 1 stick of unsalted butter (1/2 cup) (room temp.)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 [url href=”http://www.hersheys.com/” target=”_blank” title=”hershey’s”]Hershey [/url]milk chocolate bars
- 1 1/2 cups Kraft marshmallow Fluff (DO NOT try melting marshmallows, it doesn’t work)
- In a bowl, cream together butter, sugars, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in flour and graham cracker crumbs with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Divide dough in half and press half of dough into an even layer on the bottom of the buttered pan.
- Place chocolate bars over dough (break them to fit), then spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate bars.
- Then, top the fluff with the remaining dough by forming the dough into flat pieces with your hands and laying it down.
- Piece it together well so it fits the top and covers the marshmallow crème.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350°, until lightly browned.
I’m ready for a taste of these right now!
I took a pan of these to our neighbor’s 55th birthday bash and they seemed to dissolve in thin air! I should have made a double batch.
Sweet, decadent, sinfully rich! I think you need to have a taste of this fantastic dessert!
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $13.32Was: $23.16