2013 – Gluten Free Living
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce is such a delightful recipe. This gluten free stir fry was so fabulous — it was probably the best I’ve ever made. The taste was spectacular. A lot of times I just season stir fry recipes with lots of herbs. This time I hunted for a sauce and found one, that with some improvisation, was fantastic!
I found the recipe online here, but I’ve adapted this adaptation of Martin Yan’s All Purpose Stir-Fry Sauce (Brown Garlic Sauce). Many of the reviewers thought the original amounts of soy sauce caused the online version to be too salty.
I’ve reduced that by halving the amount of soy sauce and using Tamari – a gluten free low sodium soy sauce. I also changed the rice wine for a reduced amount of rice wine vinegar. Additionally, I substituted honey for the sugar in the recipe. The sauce turned out so perfectly. I will make this recipe again and again it is so good.
You can really use just about any vegetable or meat you want to use. The sauce has just enough sweetness and just enough tartness and just enough savory flavoring to make it exceptional. In fact, the sauce makes the whole recipe. I’ve also given directions for making the rice by soaking the grain first to release the phytates and make it more easily digestible for anyone with digestive issues.
So here’s a delicious gluten free recipe for those of you who suffer with gluten intolerance. Or, if you are just trying to eat healthier and lose some weight you will also enjoy this great stir fry. It’s the perfect recipe for you because it’s rich in flavor but low in calories. Tasty, delicious, amazing. Give this fantastic recipe a try sometime. You will be so glad you did.
When I initially published this recipe in January 2013 I was still using an iPhone for a camera. My pictures lacked clarity, luster and brilliance. This is such a good recipe that I wanted to remake it (January 2017) and try to snap a few more pictures that were a little more pleasing to the eye.
I remade the recipe for a friend who recently had surgery, but also has Celiac Disease. This gluten free recipe was perfect for her and her family. The first time I made the recipe with leftover rotisserie chicken. This time I made the recipe with fresh chicken. Either way works deliciously. It’s such a healthy and delicious way to get your vegetables, too.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce is one of the most amazing stir-fry recipes you’ll ever taste.
The Ginger Sesame Sauce is amazing. It made the whole dish taste spectacularly.
The rice becomes very plump when you soak it a few hours before cooking it. It is so much better than cooking rice without soaking, as the rice can be tough when cooked without presoaking it.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the stir fry. The jar with the blue lid is coconut oil.
To prepare rice: I use good quality brown or basmati rice. Place 2 cups of rice in a large bowl filled with water. Let the rice soak a few hours before cooking it for dinner.
To make the stir-fry: Place coconut oil in a large Dutch oven. Saute chicken until opaque–about 5-10 minutes on each side. Add carrot chips or sliced carrots and fry about a minute or two.
Add cauliflower florets, celery, broccoli florets, yellow squash, zucchini, sugar snap peas and green beans. Saute about 5 minutes.
Add bell peppers, mushrooms and red onion. Cover with lid and saute vegetables until they are almost cooked through all the way.
I used these ingredients to make the ginger sesame sauce.
Make ginger sesame sauce: Pour soy sauce into bowl. Add chicken or vegetable broth. Add rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey and white pepper. Whisk to combine.
Place coconut oil (or olive oil) in a sauce pan and heat to high heat. Add garlic and fry over high heat for about 15 seconds. Add ginger. Use fresh ginger if you have it. Stir over high heat until ginger is fragrant – about 15 seconds. Reduce heat to medium.
Add soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir a few minutes at medium heat until mixture thickens.
In a separate bowl place cornstarch. Add water. Whisk cornstarch and water together. Add cornstarch mixture and combine with soy sauce mixture. Cook a few minutes at low to medium heat until sauce thickens.
Pour ginger sesame sauce over top of stir fry vegetables in large saute pan or Dutch oven. Stir gently to combine and heat through.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce is not only healthy but also tastes great.
There are lots of healthy vegetables over a bed of cooked, pre-soaked rice.
This dish provides a lot of nutrients. You can use leftover rotisserie chicken or fresh chicken in this recipe.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce was so wonderful. It’s a great dish to serve company and a fabulous way to get your kids to eat their veggies!
Here’s the recipe.
CHICKEN AND GREEN BEAN STIR FRY WITH GINGER SESAME SAUCE
- ½ cup carrot chips
- ½ cup sliced zucchini
- ½ cup sliced yellow squash
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 8-oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups green beans, washed, ends trimmed
- ½ red onion, cut in strips
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, cubed
- 3-4 tbsp. coconut oil
- Ginger Sesame Stir Fry Sauce (recipe below)
- 2 cups brown rice, soaked, and cooked with 6 cups of water
- Place coconut oil in large Dutch oven or sauté pan.
- Add carrots and cook about a minute on a medium heat.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas, and beans.
- Sauté about 5 minutes before adding peppers, mushrooms, and onions.
- Cover with lid and sauté until over low to medium heat until vegetables are almost cooked through.
- Add chicken.
- Stir into stir fry mixture.
- Add ginger sesame stir fry sauce and heat through.
- Serve over prepared rice.
- 1/3 cup Tamari gluten free reduced sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup chicken (or vegetable) broth
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 ½ tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic from a jar
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger (I used 1 tsp. dry ginger)
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a bowl combine soy sauce, chicken (or vegetable) broth, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, white pepper, and honey.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ cup water.
- Heat a pan over high heat, add the cooking oil swirling to coat.
- Add garlic and ginger.
- Cook, stirring until fragrant about 15 seconds.
- Add soy sauce mixture and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook 1 minute.
- Add the cornstarch solution and cook, stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens about 3-5 minutes. There’s plenty of sauce for this recipe.
You and your family will love this tasty recipe. If you’re looking for healthy, low calorie, gluten free recipes you ought to consider this fantastic main dish.
We loved all the veggies in this Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce.
Chicken and Green Bean Stir Fry with Ginger Sesame Sauce is so healthy and low calorie. I couldn’t even eat my portion because it was so filling.
We will be making this recipe a lot. It’s absolutely spectacular.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!
You may find these items helpful for making this recipe.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $34.95Was: $35.95