Don’t you just love a great tasting slider? Well I have one for you. BBQ Meatball Sliders, yes indeed, these are terrific. These delicious cheesy meatballs are coated in a fantastic Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce, topped with bacon and sauteed onions, sandwiched between two hefty pieces of cheese, then spread between layers of King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. M-A-G-N-I-F-I-C-E-N-T!!!
Last month we had a party at our house for our Sunday school class. We scheduled it for the weekend before we started packing up our house to move out. We sold our house and moved into a rental until our new house is completed – probably sometime next February.
Back to the party–we had some friends over and some of them brought two batches of amazing ham and cheese sliders. When I realized they were going to bring sliders, I went online to check out some additional ideas for sliders or sandwiches to serve and came across this recipe. BBQ Meatball Sliders were such a big hit they were just about completely cleaned out after everyone left.
If you’re looking for a great entree to serve at your next big tailgating party, then I can’t recommend BBQ Meatball Sliders enough. This is one of those recipes you can fiddle with. As long as you have the basic ingredients you can add and subtract as you desire.
I found there were enough meatballs for about twice as many sliders (even using two meatballs on each slider). Add a few more slices of cheese and purchase another set of rolls and you can stretch this recipe to fill more hungry mouths. Give BBQ Meatball Sliders a try. You won’t be sorry.
BBQ Meatball Sliders are spectacular.
Using your favorite BBQ sauce makes these meatballs special.
These cheesy sliders are some of the best you’ll ever eat.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Mix ground beef, cheese, Italian bread crumbs and eggs.
Mix ingredients with your hands until very well mixed.
Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Roll meat into meatballs.
Bake meatballs at 375 for 30 minutes until browned.
Meanwhile, fry or microwave bacon and then break in smaller pieces.
Saute onions in bacon drippings until translucent.
To assemble sliders, cut King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls in half. Take each piece of cheese and fold in half over top of the bottom section of the buns.
Place one or two meatballs on top of each roll. Brush with BBQ sauce.
Top with bacon, onions and another cheese slice broken in half. (I actually found it was easier to put the bacon and onions on top of the cheese and then add the meatballs and brush them with sauce).
Top cheese slices with the top half of the Hawaiian Sweet Rolls. Wrap with foil.
Cover dish with foil. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and sliders are hot.
Remove foil and serve BBQ Meatball Sliders with your favorite appetizer or chips.
Every bite of BBQ Meatball Sliders is so scrumptious that you’ll have a hard time stopping at just one.
BBQ Meatball Sliders are great for tailgating parties.
Here’s the recipe.
BBQ MEATBALL SLIDERS
(Recipe adapted from My Fridge Food)
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground beef
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, diced or chopped
- 6-oz. bacon, cooked and chopped
- ½ cup [url href=”http://www.sweetbabyrays.com/” target=”_blank”]Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce[/url]
- 12 Kraft sharp cheddar big cheese slices
- 12 [url href=”http://www.kingshawaiian.com/” target=”_blank”]King’s Hawaiian Sweet Rolls[/url], split in half
- Combine beef, shredded cheddar cheese, bread crumbs and egg.
- Form into balls and bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, either fry or microwave bacon until crisp cooked.
- In bacon drippings, sauté onion until softened.
- To assemble: Cut Hawaiian Rolls in half.
- Cut cheese slices in half.
- Place rolls in the bottom of a lightly sprayed 9×13” glass baking dish.
- Take each half/slice of cheese and fold in half and place on the top of each roll.
- Add one or two meatballs on top of the cheese on each roll.
- Brush meatballs with BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle meatballs with bacon and onions.
- Place an additional half/slice of cheese over top of each meatball/bun.
- Top each with the remaining cut sweet roll.
- Cover with foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
I made some of these sliders with two meatballs a piece and those were fantastic, too.
Make up a batch of BBQ Meatball Sliders for your next party.
You may also enjoy these delicious recipes!