Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are superb tasting cookies! And why not? It’s based on my Luscious No-Bake Chocolate Bars or Nanaimo Bars as our Canadian friends refer to them. These cookies actually started out as my Luscious No-Bake Chocolate Bars recipe. and Then I realized I’d made a mistake by using the whole package of vanilla pudding mix instead of just two tablespoons! I hated to throw out all that scrumptious buttercream icing. So I added most of the ingredients from the chocolate bars and made these amazing cookies instead!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are made with chocolate chips, coconut, pecans, graham cracker crumbs. They also include buttercream frosting, a package of French vanilla pudding mix, and flour mixed in. I baked these cookies 4 minutes and then pulled them out of the oven and pressed down with a fork in criss-cross fashion before baking them a final 4 minutes. That allowed the chocolate to achieve the more gooey appearance, since pressing the fork tines into the warm chocolate redistributed and swirled the chocolate a little bit.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are a wonderful confection that would be great to bring along to Christmas Cookie exchanges or other Christmas and year-end parties. They have great texture, crunch, flavor, and a nice gooeyness with the partially melted chocolate. If you’re looking for a great cookie for holiday baking than consider these tasty treats. They’re not overly difficult to make either. You’re family will be so pleased sinking their teeth into these fantastic cookies, and your company will make sure you don’t have any leftovers!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are a delight to eat!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are partially baked then the cookie pressed down with a fork in a criss-cross fashion. That’s what gives the chocolate a swirling pattern.
These treats sure are yummy!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies contain chocolate chips, vanilla pudding, coconut, pecans, and graham cracker crumbs.
Here’s what I did.
Soften butter. Add a box of French vanilla pudding mix.
Add milk. Add powdered sugar.
Mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs and vanilla.
Combine egg mixture with frosting mixture and mix again.
Add graham cracker crumbs and UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods.
Add coconut, chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
Stir ingredients with a wooden spoon.
Either roll mixture into balls or press into an ice cream scoop and place cookie dough on cookie sheets that have been sprayed with cookie spray.
Bake cookies about 4 minutes at 350.
Remove cookies from oven and press down with a fork in a criss-cross fashion.
Return to oven and bake 4 additional minutes at 350 or until done. (You can also do this before you bake the cookies initially). Allow the cookies to cool in pan before serving.
Here’s a plate of Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. These are great cookies to put on your Christmas Cookie exchange list. These cookies have a wonderful texture. They don’t flatten out while baking like some cookies do.
Here’s a close up of Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies. I love the gooeyness of these cookies. That won’t happen if you press the cookies with a fork before you bake them.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies are terrific for tailgating parties and potlucks.
These cookies will cure any sweet tooth craving. Especially if you enjoy Nanaimo Bars!
Here’s the recipe.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES
(My own concoction)
- 1 stick [url href=”http://www.landolakes.com/” target=”_blank” title=”land o’ lakes unsalted butter”]Land O’ Lakes[/url] unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3-oz. box Jello French Vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 2 cups [url href=”http://www.imperialsugar.com/” target=”_blank” title=”imperial sugar”]Imperial [/url]powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal unbleached flour”]Gold-Medal[/url] UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.keebler.com/” target=”_blank” title=”keebler graham cracker crumbs”]Keebler[/url] graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.kraftrecipes.com/Products/productmain.aspx” target=”_blank” title=”baker’s coconut”]Baker’s[/url] coconut
- 1 cup [url href=”http://www.diamondnuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”diamond nuts”]Diamond[/url] chopped pecans or walnuts
- 12-oz. bag [url href=”http://www.nestleusa.com/” target=”_blank” title=”nestle chocolate chips”]Nestle’s[/url] semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix butter, pudding, milk and powdered sugar with an electric mixer to combine.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix again.
- Stir in flour, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, pecans and chocolate chips.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to combine well.
- Roll dough into balls or scoop with an ice cream dip.
- Place on cookie sheets that have been greased or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for about 4 minutes.
- Press down lightly with a fork in criss-cross pattern.
- Return cookies to oven and bake an additional 4 minutes or until done.
- Rotate pans on racks half way through baking.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies will have you drooling from the first bite.
If you’re a chocolate lover you’ll love these delicious cookies.
The addition of vanilla pudding makes these cookies softer in texture.
These luscious cookies will rock your world!