Peaches ‘n Cream Bars
Oh, my, do I ever have a recipe for you! Peaches ‘n Cream Bars are sensational. These lovely bars have an old-fashioned oatmeal crust and an oatmeal-pecan streusel topping, a custard-like peach filling, then a lovely vanilla cream glaze on top. The wonderfully gooey texture of these bar-type cookies provides enormous taste. As I tasted one I couldn’t stop licking my fingers from the icing and enjoying all the oozing goodness from the filling.
Peaches have always been one of my favorite fruits. When we found out we had six peach trees on this property as we were looking to make an offer to purchase it, we were overjoyed. We finally had a harvest this year after a couple of dud years. So I’ve been quite a happy camper since I’ve had the opportunity to make quite a few lovely peach desserts.
Whether it’s breakfast coffeecakes or cobblers, anything with peaches is a hit with me! So when I was looking on Pinterest for ideas, I was really delighted to find this recipe as a potential opportunity for ways to use up more of our fresh peaches.
When I sampled these new bars a few weeks ago I knew immediately they’d be a big hit with everyone. I believe you will agree if you make these sweet treats for yourself. While the recipe calls for pecans, you can easily substitute walnuts, pistachios, almonds or even cashews. Or, if you have nut allergies you can leave the nuts out.
This is a spectacular bar-type cookie recipe to serve to your family, for company and friends. It’s also great to take to an office party, baby shower or family reunions. Peaches ‘n Cream Bars should definitely be on your short list of great ideas of things to bake this summer. You will get rave reviews from all who partake of these amazing goodies. And, you’ll come home with an empty plate and lots of well wishes for you to make a second batch! 🙂
Peaches ‘n Cream Bars are marvelous. Ooey, gooey and delicious!
The vanilla glaze on Peaches ‘n Cream Bars is awesome.
Peaches, oatmeal, pecans, and a vanilla glaze make for one amazing cookie.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients to make Peaches ‘n Cream Bars.
Place UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour in a mixing bowl. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Add brown sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal. Stir to combine.
Cut in butter with a pastry mixer.
Blend mixture with pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
Remove 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture and add pecans to it. Stir to combine. Reserve this mixture for streusel topping.
Press remaining crumbs into a 9×13″ greased baking dish.
Bake crust for 15 minutes at 350.
Meanwhile, make peach filling. Place eggs, sugar, salt and UNBLEACHED flour into another mixing bowl. (UNBLEACHED flour toughens baked goods). Mix with an electric mixer to combine.
Add diced peaches.
Stir to combine.
Pour filling over baked crust.
Sprinkle streusel topping with pecans over top.
Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until set. Cool completely before adding vanilla glaze.
Whisk confectioners’ sugar, cream and vanilla until of spreading consistency.
Spread vanilla glaze over top of bars.
Peaches ‘n Cream Bars have a fabulous peach filling.
I loved the streusel crust and topping with pecans in Peaches ‘n Cream Bars.
Every bite of these Peaches ‘n Cream Bars will have you drooling.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACHES ‘N CREAM BARS
(Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- [b]CRUST & TOPPING:[/b][br]
- 2 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 ½ sticks unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 cup chopped pecans[br]
- [b]PEACH FILLING:[/b][br]
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cups peeled, finely diced peaches[br]
- [b]VANILLA GLAZE:[/b][br]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2-4 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish heavily with cooking spray—Baker’s Joy preferred.[br]
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon together until combined.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Remove 1 ½ cups of the crumb mixture and add pecans.
- Stir to combine.
- Reserve for topping.
- Press the remaining crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. [br]
- Whisk eggs, sugar, flour and salt together.
- Gently stir in peaches.
- After crust layer has baked, remove crust from the oven.
- Pour the peach filling over hot crust.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat/pecan crumbs.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate and chill two hours before cutting into bars.[br]
- Whisk confectioners’ sugar, cream, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Drizzle over each square or over the entire pan of bars.
Peaches ‘n Cream Bars are great for summer and fall potlucks and parties when peaches are in season.
If you’re looking for a spectacular dessert to serve company, then consider making Peaches ‘n Cream Bars sometime soon.
We loved these peachy treats.