Peach Jam Bars
Want decadent and delicious? Peach Crumb Bars are it! This is another take on Peach Cookies. Peach Jam Bars have a crust layer topped with peach jam, fresh peaches and a streusel topping. It’s baked up into a tasty bar-type cookie. This recipe is the only one I used (out of 40 peach dessert recipes) that included peach jam as well as peaches in the batter.
These tasty bars are certainly ooey and gooey. Even though I had refrigerated these bars for a couple of hours, they were still very gooey when cutting. While I recommend you freezing or refrigerating these bars before cutting, be prepared for Peach Jam Bars to be a little on the messy side.
I have almost finished posting all my peach recipes from July and August! I made 40 different dessert recipes with all of our peaches. Now I have only six left to post after this recipe! I’m sure by now you are wondering when I’m going to be done with peach recipes. 🙂 I have to admit, while I’ve had Peach Desserts in excess, I don’t think you can go wrong with desserts filled with fresh peaches. They just taste so wonderfully.
If you’re looking for a way to use up fresh peaches or peach jam, then Peach Jam Bars are a great possibility for you. They’re a great option for summer holidays, or for a snack anytime you want a little something sweet.
Peach Jam Bars are ooey, gooey and delicious.
These chewy Peach Jam Bars are a great option for the summer holidays.
You can see all the gooey peach filling in this view.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place melted butter, 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and vanilla in a mixing bowl.
Whisk ingredients to combine.
Add UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour and stir to combine. (Bleached flour toughens baked goods). Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture for topping.
Grease a 9×13″ baking dish. Press remaining crumbs into prepared dish.
Spread peach jam over top of crust.
Spread diced peaches over top of peach jam. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
Sprinkle reserved 1 1/2 cups crust/crumb mixture over top of peaches.
Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes or until golden.
Peach Jam Bars are great treats for potlucks or tailgating parties.
If you enjoy peaches you will love Peach Jam Bars.
Here’s the recipe.
PEACH JAM BARS
(Recipe adapted from Tutti Dolce)
- 3 cups UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (Bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- 2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup packed, brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract[br]
- 1 cup peach jam
- 3 cups peeled, finely diced peaches
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish heavily with Baker’s Joy cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add ½ cup sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Whisk to incorporate.
- Add flour and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of dough for topping; press remaining mixture into the bottom of prepared baking dish. [br]
- Place jam in a small bowl and microwave about 30-40 seconds to heat and softly melt the jelly.
- Spread jam over bottom layer.
- Arrange peaches over top of the jam and sprinkle with 2 tbsp. sugar.
- Sprinkle the reserved topping over the peach filling and bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Peach Jam Bars are not very difficult to make. The most time consuming part is peeling and dicing the peaches.
Peach Jam Bars will have you drooling from the first bite. 🙂
Time to try a bite of Peach Jam Bars.