Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are the best! These lovely muffins taste like banana bread with loads of bananas, cinnamon, cinnamon chips and pecans. I love muffins and banana muffins are some of my very favorites. While I already have several banana muffin recipes with chocolate chips, chocolate chips, streusel and icing, some with miniature chocolate chips and streusel, and others with double chocolate flavor with cocoa and chocolate chips, you can never have too many Banana Muffin recipes!
While Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins make for great regular breakfast fare, these make great snacks during the day, as well as treats for holiday breakfasts, baby showers, and even potlucks. I made up a batch of these muffins for construction workers who are working on our new house last month. They were gobbled up incredibly fast.
While I haven’t made treats for every single work crew, I’ve made a lot for them over the past six months. We are finally hoping to close on our new home by the end of the month. Hurray! We are both sooooo ready to get our stuff out of storage and have our own furniture and stuff again. While I brought some things with us to our furnished rental house, it was fairly bare bones, so it will be interesting combing through all the boxes again and finding things we’ve missed.
If you’re looking for a great muffin recipe (along with a great way to use up overripe bananas), then give Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins a try soon. If you love rich cinnamon flavor, these muffins are loaded with both cinnamon and cinnamon chips. Every bite will have you salivating. Enjoy.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are so scrumptious your mouth will be watering after one bite.
If you enjoy bananas and cinnamon, you’ll love these delectable muffins.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are incredibly easy to make.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place sugar, banana, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, egg, butter, vanilla and cream in a mixing bowl.
Whisk ingredients until combined.
Add UNBLEACHED all purpose flour. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. Add pecans and cinnamon chips.
Stir ingredients just to combine. Do not overmix.
Spray muffin tins with cooking spray. Evenly divide muffin batter into muffin tins. Fill almost to the top. Sprinkle about 10-15 more cinnamon chips on top of each muffin.
Bake at 425 for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are great for breakfast or snacks.
These muffins have incredibly sweet cinnamon flavor. They are yummy indeed.
Here’s the recipe.
BANANA CINNAMON CHIP MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
- 2 ½ cups Gold Medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3-4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup (1 stick) Land O’Lakes unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup half-and-half or whipping cream
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- additional cinnamon chips for top of muffins
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, bananas, egg, butter, vanilla and cream in a large mixing bowl with a whisk.
- Add flour, pecans and 1 cup of cinnamon chips.
- Stir gently with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Don’t overmix the batter.
- Spray 13 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Spoon batter evenly into each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle additional cinnamon chips over top of batter.
- (I added 10-15 cinnamon chips on top of each muffin).
- Bake at 425° for 5 minutes.
- Adjust temperature to 350°.
- Continue baking an additional 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins are great for holiday breakfasts too.
Each batch makes a baker’s dozen.
Every muffin puffs up beautifully. They taste even better!