Hash Brown Potato Nests
Gluten Free Living – 2022
Hash Brown Potato Nests are awesome. What a fantastic idea for a weekend, company or holiday breakfast menu! These lovely Potato Nests are baked in muffin tins and are so incredibly delicious yet not too difficult to make. On top of that, they’re made with wholesome ingredients so they’re gluten free. If you want to substitute some other ingredient for the parmesan cheese, you can even make them vegan.
Back in May our weekly Bible Study group had a “Breakfast for Dinner” night. One of the girls brought this heavenly recipe. I ate four of them that night! 🙂 I asked for the recipe and decided I was going to make these for my next breakfast opportunity. We had a morning prayer group over and I served these along with some Pecan Cinnamon Rolls and other goodies. They were a hit again!
Hash Brown Potato Nests really are great for a large country style breakfast. Whether you serve this with bacon and eggs, breakfast casseroles or Sausage and gravy with biscuits, these adorable Potato Nests will be a winner.
Hash Brown Potato Nests are heavenly!
These lovely potato nests are baked in muffin tins!
While these are seasoned pretty simply, the potato nests taste really wonderful because of the addition of green onions and Parmesan cheese.
I served these Hash Brown Potato Nests with Fried Apples and Sausage, a breakfast casserole, Pecan Cinnamon Rolls and a fresh fruit compote.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Thaw frozen potatoes completely. Press potatoes between paper towels and continue this process until you get as much excess liquid out of the potatoes as possible. They will brown up and crisp up better if you do this.
Place the potatoes into a mixing bowl.
Add green onions, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil.
Stir ingredients well to combine.
Spray muffin tins really well with cooking spray. Mound up potatoes into each muffin tin and press down slightly.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven.
Remove Hash Brown Potato Nests from individual muffin tins and serve hot.
This delightful breakfast option is gluten free.
Hash Brown Potato Nests were delightful served with Fried Apples and Sausage, a breakfast casserole, fruit compote and Pecan Cinnamon Rolls.
Hash Brown Potato Nests were deliciously crunchy, but not tough.
Here’s the recipe.
HASH BROWN POTATO NESTS
(Recipe adapted from Heidi Blasingame, Providence Church, Frisco, TX; source: Delicious Table, Oven Baked Hash Browns)
Hash Brown Potato Nests
- 1 12-cup muffin tin
- 1 large mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- paper towels to blot excess moisture from the potatoes
- 30 oz. bag frozen hash browns completely thawed
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded (or the grated cheese from a can)
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Defrost and thaw potatoes.
- Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.Spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- (Olive oil, avocado or coconut oil all work well).
- Drain out all the liquid from the potatoes and press dry with paper towels (so the potatoes will crisp up while baking).
- Squeeze out all excess liquid until you’ve removed all of it.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add green onions, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Stir ingredients well to combine.
- Press potato mixture firmly into muffin tins and mound slightly.
- Bake in a preheated 400º oven for about 45 minutes, or until potato nests are crispy.
Recipe adapted from Delicious Table.
Seriously, Hash Brown Potato Nests are spectacular.
Hash Brown Potato Nests are a terrific breakfast idea for company and holiday breakfasts. I served them with Fried Apples and Sausage, Pecan Cinnamon Rolls a breakfast casserole and a fresh fruit compote.
Every bite was incredibly good.
I couldn’t stay out of these scrumptious Hash Brown Potato Nests!