Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins
Gluten Free Living – 2024
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins are delightful sugar free, gluten free muffins. They’re crunchy, tasty and don’t break the bank with calories! They’re made with fresh raspberries, sliced almonds and a little almond extract to add a pop of flavor. I also used almond flour so these are a slightly more Keto friendly than regular muffins. I used Monk Fruit Sweetener instead of granulated sugar and gluten free flour instead of regular flour. All in all, these muffins turned out really wonderful.
Back in mid-September I wanted to make some muffin recipes that were sweetened without sugar and I chose to make them gluten free as well. I had purchased a lot of raspberries at a really good price so I made these muffins and Sugar Free Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins (with sugar free chocolate chips). Cooking with gluten free flour is an adventure. So is cooking with sweeteners other than honey or cane sugar. But I feel like I got a really good balance with these muffins.
Sure, I would have liked them to puff up and hold their rounded top shape a little better, but for those of you cooking for people with dietetic needs, these muffins are a terrific option for that.
I added a streusel topping that included almonds and oatmeal to provide even more texture. I used wholesome ingredients in the recipe, without fillers, preservatives and other additives that cause all kinds of health issues.
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins are marvelous to make for your Celiac or Diabetic friends or family. These muffins include a delicious sweetness without packing on the calories from sugar.
For those of you with no dietary needs, feel free to make these muffins using regular flour and sugar. They are sure to turn out delicious either way!
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins are delightful!
These muffins are sugar free and gluten free.
These muffins are filled with fresh raspberries, almonds and almond extract which makes them pop in flavor.
The oatmeal streusel topping is delicious too.
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients for the muffins.
Place gluten free flour in a mixing bowl. Add almond flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Stir ingredients well to combine.
Add sliced almonds.
Stir again to combine. Set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, melt butter.
Add eggs, sour cream and half-and-half.
Add almond extract.
Whisk ingredients well to combine.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
Rinse raspberries in a colander.
Pat dry between layers of paper towels.
Add to muffin mixture.
Stir ingredients gently to combine. Do not overmix. Batter will be on the soupy side.
Place muffin liners in 24 regular-sized muffin tins. Spray liners with cooking spray. Fill muffin liners about 7/8 full with muffin batter.
I used these ingredients for the streusel topping.
Place gluten free flour in a mixing bowl. Add monk fruit sweetener, oatmeal and sliced almonds.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Cut in butter with a pastry blender.
Coarse crumbs will form.
Spoon streusel topping over top of muffin batter.
Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 15-19 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Serve for a hearty, sugar-free, gluten-free breakfast!
I enjoyed eating Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins for snacks throughout the day!
While I would have liked the muffins to mound a little on top, they were still really scrumptious and crunchy.
Raspberries and almonds make an unbeatable combination!
Here’s the recipe.
RASPBERRY ALMOND CRUNCH MUFFINS
(My own concoction)
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins
- 2 12-tin regular sized muffin pans
- 24 paper muffin liners
- 3 large mixing bowls
- 1 whisk
- 2 wooden spoons
- 1 colander to rinse raspberries
- 1 nut chopper if nuts are not previously sliced or chopped
- 1 pastry blender
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I used King Arthur Flour)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups Monk Fruit sweetener
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup half-and-half or whole milk
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 2 cups raspberries washed gently (12-ounce container)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (measure after chopping)
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used King Arthur Flour)
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal (dry)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (measure after chhopping)
- 4 tbsp. salted butter cold
- Line two 12-tin regular muffin pans with paper liners.
- Spray the liners with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine gluten free flour, almond flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in almonds.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine half-and-half or milk, melted butter, sour cream, egg and almond extract.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add liquid measure to dry mixture.
- Rinse raspberries gently in colander.
- Add to muffin mixture and stir very gently to combine.
- Stir only until moistened.
- Do not overmix.
- Batter will be soupy.
- Fill 24 prepared muffin liners full with muffin mixture.
- Top with Streusel Topping.
- Bake at 425º for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350º and continue baking about 15-19 minutes longer, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Combine gluten free flour, monk fruit sweetener, oatmeal and almonds in a medium mixing bowl until well mixed.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Sprinkle one to two heaping tablespoonfuls of streusel topping evenly over top of each muffin.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins are a great alternative to regular muffins for diabetics or those with celiac.
Monk Fruit Sweetener is a great alternative to regular cane sugar in recipes. I purchase mine without erythritol at my local Walmart.
Every bite is loaded with raspberries.
Raspberry Almond Crunch Muffins are a delectable sugar-free, gluten-free alternative when you want to cut down on sugar or wheat flour in recipes.