Snickers Éclair Dessert
Snickers Éclair Dessert is one of those awesome desserts everyone rages over! Seriously, this dessert has it all. Snickers Candy Bars, oh my. Who doesn’t want more chocolate, caramel and peanuts in every bite? It also has chocolate pudding and chocolate Icing. And the graham crackers separating each layer tricks your palate into thinking these are really éclairs.
I’ve made several Éclair Desserts in the past. Besides the original recipe, I have one with chocolate, a Cherry Cheesecake and an Oreo. All are on the spectacular side for easy six-ingredient dessert recipes. Every time I bring one of these desserts to a potluck, everyone swarms over it! Even those who rarely eat dessert will try a taste of this. It’s luscious, creamy, and oh so good.
I took this Snickers Éclair Dessert along with some of my husband’s Apricot Glazed Ham to an Empty Nester’s potluck back in October just after we returned from our Hawaiian Cruise. There were only a few pieces left, so I’m glad I managed to snatch a few pictures of the interior of this dessert. I had a lot of Snickers Bars packed away in my refrigerator so this was the perfect way to use them up (and stop my husband from eating all of them!)
Snickers Éclair Dessert is so easy to whip up even young children can make it. But let me make a few recommendations. When beating the pudding ingredients use a spatter guard or add the half-and-half slowly to avoid splatters. When spreading both the pudding and the icing over top of the graham cracker layers, do it gently, so you don’t move the graham crackers out of place. Other than that, this is really an easy peasy recipe your family is sure to enjoy.
Snickers Éclair Dessert is fabulous!
This easy six-ingredient recipe is so easy to whip up, even a child can make it!
If you enjoy Snickers Bars, you’ll rave over this dessert!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients.
Place chocolate pudding mix in a mixing bowl.
Add half-and-half in 1/2 cup increments mixing well after each addition. Beat on lowest speed of electric mixer to avoid splatters.
Increase speed to high. Beat until mixture is thick.
Add Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Grease a 9×13″ glass baking dish. Gently fit graham crackers into baking dish. You will have to break some of them apart to fit the dish.
Very carefully, spread half of the chocolate pudding mixture over top of the first layer of graham crackers. Do this gently so the graham crackers don’t shift out of place.
Place another layer of graham crackers over the pudding mixture. Break some of them up into smaller pieces to fit the dish.
Spread the remaining layer of chocolate pudding over the second layer of graham crackers. Gently spread the pudding mixture so the graham crackers don’t shift out of place.
Carefully place the remaining graham crackers over top of the chocolate pudding mixture.
Remove lid and foil from chocolate icing container. Microwave ingredients about 10 seconds so the icing becomes spreadable. Gently begin spreading the icing over top of the graham crackers with a knife or icing spreader. Be careful not to shift the graham crackers out of place.
Spread the icing so it covers the entire surface of the baking dish.
Unwrap Snickers Bars and chop into small pieces.
Sprinkle chopped Snickers Bars evenly over the top surface. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight until ready to serve.
One bite of this irresistible recipe and you’ll be swooning!
This is an excellent dessert to serve company, especially when feeding a crowd.
If you enjoy Snickers Bars and Éclairs, you’ll love Snickers Éclair Dessert!
Here’s the recipe.
SNICKERS ÉCLAIR DESSERT
(My own concoction
Snickers Éclair Dessert
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 rubber spatula
- 1 sharp knife to chop Snickers Bars
- 1 bread board
- measuring cups
- 1 knife or icing spreader
- 1 box graham crackers
- 6 oz. box instant chocolate pudding (many companies have reduced the amounts on these packages to 5.85-oz.)
- 3 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping
- 16 oz. can ready-to-spread chocolate frosting
- 2 cups chopped Snickers Bars
- Spray 9×13” pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour chocolate pudding into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup half-and-half and mix well on low speed of electric mixer.
- Continue adding cream in ½ cup measures, mixing well after each addition continuing on low speed of electric mixer.
- Once all the cream has been added, adjust mixer to high speed and mix for about two minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add Cool Whip and stir well to combine.
- Take one package of the graham crackers and spread over bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half of the chocolate pudding mixture.
- Spread with another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining chocolate pudding mixture.
- Top with the last layer of graham crackers.
- Spread chocolate frosting over all.
- Chop Snickers bars and sprinkle over top of the icing.
- Gently press the chopped Snickers bars into the icing with your fingertips.
- If desired, decorate the top with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
This dessert is oh, so delicious!
Drool, baby, drool!
Snickers Éclair Dessert will provide maximum pleasure for your palate!