Oreo Éclair Dessert
Oreo Éclair Dessert is utterly scrumptious and mouthwatering. This lovely Éclair-type dessert uses graham crackers between layers of pudding to achieve that lovely Éclair flavor. The pudding layers include vanilla pudding and crushed Oreos. The whole is topped with a cream cheese icing and, if you desire, you can sprinkle the icing with additional Oreo cookie crumbs and add some maraschino cherries for decoration. The whole effect is marvelous….and I guarantee you that NO ONE will be able to stay out of it!
I hosted a Ladies’ Luncheon in my home back in July. I served Creamy Spinach Tortellini Soup, a Hearty Ranch and Bacon Potato Soup, my favorite Easy No Knead Dinner Rolls (which are always such a big hit with everyone), Mexican Street Corn Salad (which I’d made several times before), and this Oreo Éclair Dessert. Everyone else brought salads. All of us grazed over the food including the ice cream and toppings brought by others. But the Oreo Éclair Dessert was feasted on by one and all! Even those who rarely eat dessert loved this luscious concoction!
The nice thing about Oreo Éclair Dessert is that it can be whipped up in about 10-15 minutes. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight and you have a dessert that will have all your company swooning! The pudding layer is extra light and fluffy but the addition of Oreos makes it so heavenly.
Oreo Éclair Dessert is a fantastic dessert to make for company and holidays. It serves a lot. While I recommend 15 servings, most of the time people take tiny pieces so they can sample other desserts too. It then stretches to serving about 30 people! If you enjoy Oreos or Éclairs, or both, this dessert will rock your world!
Oreo Éclair Dessert is creamy, light and fluffy and packed with delicious Oreo flavor!
This dessert will be a big hit at any holiday party or company gathering.
This recipe uses only six ingredients! If you want to dress it up a little bit for company, then add the maraschino cherries for decoration.
I usually make this recipe the day before I plan to serve it. Then I refrigerate it until I’m ready to serve. It sets up nicely and there are rarely leftovers!
Here’s what I did.
I used these ingredients. The maraschino cherries are optional.
Place vanilla pudding mix in a large mixing bowl.
Add half-and-half a little at a time until all the cream has been added. Then mix on high speed for about 2 minutes, until the pudding is thick.
Add Cool Whip.
Stir ingredients to combine.
Place Oreo cookies in a Glad Lock bag (without the stand and fill bottom).
Use a rolling pin to crush the cookies.
Add the crushed Oreos and cream to the pudding mixture.
Stir again to combine.
Grease a 9×13″ baking dish (or spray with cooking spray). Add one package of the graham crackers and fit into the baking dish. You will need to break the crackers to fill in the edges.
Spread half of the pudding mixture over top of the graham crackers. Be careful spreading the pudding so the graham crackers don’t shift out of place.
Top with another layer of graham crackers.
Top with remaining pudding mix. Again, be careful spreading the pudding so the graham crackers don’t shift out of place.
Top with remaining layer of graham crackers.
Remove foil and lid from cream cheese frosting. Place in microwave on high for about 10 seconds to soften icing enough to spread easily.
Very carefully spread the icing over top of the graham crackers, being careful not to be heavy handed so the graham crackers shift out of place.
Sprinkle additional Oreo cookie crumbs over top of cream cheese icing.
If desired, place maraschino cherries over top of Oreo cookie crumbs. Refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving.
Oreos make this Éclair Dessert something special.
Everyone who samples this lovely dessert will be swooning in no time!
Oreo Éclair Dessert will be a smash hit among all party-goers when you bring this dessert.
You will be salivating like Pavlov’s dogs after one bite of this scrumptious Éclair Dessert.
Here’s the recipe.
OREO ÉCLAIR DESSERT
(My own concoction)
Oreo Éclair Dessert
- 1 9×13" glass baking dish (preferred over a metal pan)
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 electric mixer
- measuring cups
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 glad lock bag without the "stand and fill" bottom preferred
- 1 knife to scrape out the Oreo contents from the plastic bag
- 1 box honey graham crackers
- 6 oz. pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups half-and-half or whole milk
- 16 oz. container Cool Whip or other non-dairy whipped topping
- 16 oz. can ready-to-spread cream cheese frosting or vanilla frosting
- 16 oz. pkg. Double-Stuff Oreos crushed
- 20 maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
- Spray 9×13” pan or baking dish with cooking spray.
- Pour pudding into a large mixing bowl.
- Add one cup half-and-half and mix well on low speed of electric mixer.
- Add cream in ½ cup measures, mixing well after each addition continuing on low speed of electric mixer.
- Once all the cream has been added, adjust mixer to high speed and mix for about two minutes until mixture has thickened.
- Add Cool Whip and stir well to combine.
- Crush enough Oreos in a glad-lock bag with a rolling pin to measure three cups. (24 Oreo cookies).
- Gently fold in Oreos to pudding mixture.
- Take one package of the graham crackers and spread over bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Cover with half of the Oreo pudding mixture.
- Spread with another layer of graham crackers, followed by the remaining pudding mixture.
- Top with the last layer of graham crackers.
- Spread Cream Cheese frosting over all.
- Crush five more Oreo cookies.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos over top of icing.
- If desired, decorate the top with maraschino cherries.
- Refrigerate a few hours or overnight before serving.
© Can’t Stay Out of the Kitchen
Once everyone gets started on this dessert, it goes quickly!
We loved the texture and fluffiness of this dessert. It tastes just like eating Éclairs.
The combination of Oreos and Éclairs just can’t be beat!
Be prepared for Oreo Éclair Dessert to rock your world! 🙂